Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Supt. Colin Breech Newport (Gwent) City Police

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darklord

Darklord Report 24 Jan 2016 11:58

Hi,

I have a picture of this chap in a family album. He was identified by the Gwent police By his picture after e-mailing.I have no idea as to what connection he is to my family.
Trying to trace anyone who knew him or who can shed any light as to why my late grandmother would have the picture. In the picture he is wearing Chief Supt. Lapels and also a long service ribbon, as identified by my cousin who is a retired officer. I can date the photo between 1951 and 1967 as the Newport city police was disbanded in 67 and the type of long service ribbon he is wearing was first issued in 51.

Br

Pete

malyon

malyon Report 24 Jan 2016 12:23

do you know how old he is from photo

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Jan 2016 12:35

Nothing coming up for a Colin Breech in BMDs? Are you sure the surname is correctly spelled? might it be Beech?

Darklord

Darklord Report 24 Jan 2016 12:45

Hi,

I was thinking that myself, seems funny there isn't any BMDs but never ruled out yet the he was born or died here. I will cross check the info with Gwent Police again.

Pete

Darklord

Darklord Report 24 Jan 2016 12:47

Hi,

I would say mid to late 40s based on the long service ribbon being issued for 22yrs service.

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Jan 2016 12:58

Assuming for a moment it is Breech or Beech, is there any family link to the Newport do you know? Is he likely to be a spouse of one of your grandmother's relatives?

Darklord

Darklord Report 24 Jan 2016 13:20

Hi,

My grandmothers sisters lived in Rubina,Abercarn then Haverfordwest and Cardiff. As far as I can see there was no Breech or Beech marriages into the family. The picture is in a section with some of my grandmothers nieces, perhaps just a family friend.
Interesting to find out though.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jan 2016 16:44

Gwent Police: Then and Now - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn8goYZ9YkM

This short documentary explains the history of Gwent Police from ex-officers of the early 1950's to the present day

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jan 2016 16:46

Newsletters | Gwent Police Pensioners Association

www.gppa.org.uk/?page_id=79

Association Officers . PRESIDENT – JEFF FARRAR, Chief Constable. CHAIRMAN – DAVID MOSES. 14, Chichester Close, The Moorings, Newport NP19 7LJ

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jan 2016 16:46

Gwent Constabulary Records - archiveswales.org.uk

www.archiveswales.org.uk/anw/get_collection.php?coll_id=2635

Gwent Archives Gwent Constabulary Records. Reference code(s): ... Monmouthshire Constabulary was formed in 1857 and the Newport Police ... Police | Wales | Gwent ...

Darklord

Darklord Report 24 Jan 2016 17:26

Hi,

Thanks for the references.

Pete