Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BROADBENT OF ALTRINCHAM AREA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beth

Beth Report 4 Feb 2016 19:06

I am a third party but this is the request ...
"Does anyone have any information on the family of A.Broadbent who in 1914 lived on Grafton Street, Altrincham. (think this was a builder/joiner/undertaker). They had a daughter called Muriel. I would love to return something to the family. I have tried to track the family for years. I had hoped someone could help me, anyone please? I am 87 years old and feel time is running out, please can anyone help me?" Thanks!

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 19:32

for ref probable?

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
Grafton Street Altrincham, Altrincham, Cheshire, England

Arthur Broadbent Head Married Male Joiner And Builder 40 1871 Altrincham Cheshire
Emma Broadbent Wife Married Female - 38 1873 Surrey Bedfordshire
Edith Dorothy Broadbent Daughter - Female School 10 1901 Altrincham Ches
Muriel Joyce Broadbent Daughter - Female School 7 1904 Altrincham Ches
Mary Maud Plant Servant - Female - 14 1897 Cheshire Town N K

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 19:34

First name(s) MURIEL J
Last name BROADBENT
Marriage quarter 2
Marriage year 1934
Registration month -
MarriageFinderâ„¢ MURIEL J BROADBENT married
EDGAR WINTERBOTTOM
Spouse's last name WINTERBOTTOM
District BUCKLOW
District number -
County Cheshire
Country England
Volume 8A
Page 409
Record set England & Wales marriages 1837-2008
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 19:36

4 poss births to that couple born Bucklow, all girls.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 19:51

Poss marriage which I will PM for youngest girl Elizabeth, and son to the marriage if born different area?

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 20:10

Message sent but as GR is playing up again you may get it twice. :-|

Beth

Beth Report 4 Feb 2016 20:26

Thank you so much Rambling Rose. I will pass the information on to the lady who is searching. She'll be so pleased something has turned up.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 20:40

got something on Arthur Broadbent, he died 1941 and left probate to Muriel Joyce Winterbottom and Dorothy Edith Lancaster,

Marriages Sep 1941 (>99%)
Broadbent Dorothy E Lancaster Bucklow 8a 697 Scan available - click to view
LANCASTER Hartley G Broadbent Bucklow 8a 697

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 20:46

Possible, which doesn't help unfortunately

First name(s) DOROTHY EDITH
Last name LANCASTER
Gender Female
Birth day 26
Birth month 5
Birth year 1900
Age -
Death quarter 1
Death year 1975
District MANCHESTER
County Lancashire
Volume 38
Page 1946
Country England
Record set England & Wales deaths 1837-2007
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from Great Britain

probate

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=lancaster&yearOfDeath=1975&page=2#calendar

Beth

Beth Report 4 Feb 2016 21:00

RamblingRose - did you say you would be sending me Elizabeth's details of marriage? I imagine she may be still living?

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 21:34

Yes it's at the end of my message, marriage to Frederick Greaves, but I can't find them after that, there is a possible son in as much as there is a birth with correct mmn but not able to find him on electoral rolls etc.

But having said that might have found a death for frederick Greaves, will just check it out

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Feb 2016 22:14

Arthur Broadbent in 1891 ( he married Emma Warren in 1899) in case you want to spread the search to his family

Thomas Broadbent Head Married Male 52 1839 Carpenter And Joiner Farnworth, Lancashire, England
Margaret Broadbent Wife Married Female 49 1842 - Worsley, Lancashire, England
Mary Ann Broadbent Daughter Single Female 32 1859 - Worsley, Lancashire, England Transcription
John Broadbent Son Single Male 25 1866 Carpenter And Joiner Worsley, Lancashire, England
Hannah Broadbent Daughter Single Female 23 1868 Dress Maker Worsley, Lancashire, England
Arthur Broadbent Son Single Male 20 1871 Joiners Apprentice Altrincham, Cheshire, England
Thomas M Broadbent Son Single Male 18 1873 Warehouseman Apprentice Altrincham, Cheshire, England
Richard Broadbent Son Single Male 14 1877 Warehouseman Apprentice Altrincham, Cheshire, England
Margaret Broadbent Daughter Single Female 11 1880 Scholar Altrincham, Cheshire, England
Frank H Broadbent Son Single Male 9 1882 Scholar Altrincham, Cheshire, England
Mary M Footman Granddaughter Single Female 4 1887 - Martley, Worcestershire, England

Beth

Beth Report 5 Feb 2016 16:56

Thank you so much for all the info. I think my lady needs to move the search forward to see if there's anyone still around related to this family so she can return the item she would like go back into the family. Tracking the children of Muriel might be a good place to start.