Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my biological father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 10 Feb 2016 05:24

Trying to find a Kenneth Robinson, from Ibstock in Leics. As far as I know he was still alive in 2014, age 94. He is I believe now living somewhere in or around Loughborough. If someone can help in locating him I would appreciate it very much.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 10 Feb 2016 08:45

Hi Barry

A bit of a tricky one as the surname Robinson is quite common.

Born 1920 then ?...........have you managed to pinpoint his exact birth registration to see if he might have a middle name ?

Edit:: You say........."from Ibstock in Leics".........was he actually born there??

This free site might help........

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Do you have any other information about him that might help?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Feb 2016 09:13

What more do you know about him?

There are two of that name in Loughborough with dif ladies living with them

Both tho only go to 2014 so sadly may have since passed away from then

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Feb 2016 11:18

Sadly there are a number of Kenneth Robinsons, with and without middle names who have died in the last couple of years,

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Barry I assume you haven't any further info on Kenneth since your 2014 thread? http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1335991

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Feb 2016 11:26

There are not that many births 1919/1921 in Leics area ( not sure which area would cover Ibstock?)

I'd make a guess at this one as closest to 1920

Births Dec 1919 (>99%)
Robinson Kenneth J Payne Leicester 7a 314

possible from probate?

ROBINSON KENNETH JAMES 22 November 2013 4193069 04 September 2013 Grant and will Oxford

malyon

malyon Report 10 Feb 2016 12:18

did kenneth marry a margaret

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 10 Feb 2016 12:37

Posting in case any of the mothers names are known by you

Robinson Kenneth J ( Payne) Leicester 7a 314 Scan available -

Births Jun 1921

Robinson Kenneth ( Caswell) Blaby 7a 57

Births Sep 1921

Robinson Kenneth G ( Newbold) Ashby Z. 7a 235
Robinson Kenneth R ( Averns) Rugby 6d 1534

Births Sep 1922

Robinson Kenneth R ( King) Ashby Z. 7a 191

Barry

Barry Report 10 Feb 2016 23:54

Don't have a lot of info on him, mum said he was about 7 years older than her. He was a family secret and I only found out for sure when my dad passed away. The surviving parent was then to tell me about my biological father. Thank you for your help so far, I will have to chat to mum and see if she can remember anything more about Kenneth.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Feb 2016 10:18

There is no death obit announcement in the Loughborough Echo over the last year for that name.