Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gillian White

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poodles

poodles Report 16 Feb 2016 20:05

We are trying to find Gillian or Jill White, she was a bridesmaid at our wedding
July 31st 1965 in Shirebrook Derbyshire, Jill lived in Langwith with her parents who had a fish & chip shop (we believe she may have had a brother)' Jill moved to Alfreton Derbyshire where her parents ran another fish & chip shop we would
around 1964 or1965 we moved abroad with the forces after we married & lost touch, we would love to here from Jill or anyone who knows where she is
Thankyou

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Feb 2016 20:19

Roughly how old would Gillian have been in 1965? do you remember her parents' first names? Finding their marriage might help finding her brother's birth, might be easier to find him as his name won't have changed.

poodles

poodles Report 16 Feb 2016 21:00

Gillian was around 18 or 19 years old in 1965, unfortunately I only ever met her parents a couple of times when they were serving in the very busy shop I have no idea what there names where or her brothers but I think he was younger, I think Gillian worked at Pleasley Cotton Mills at the time Pleasley Vale in 1965

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Feb 2016 21:13

Have you tried FreeBMD?

There's is one registered in the first quarter of 1948 in the correct district but she appears to have had several siblings.

Rose

poodles

poodles Report 29 May 2016 22:04

I am still trying to find Gillian White in the early 1960s Gillian worked at the
Pleasley Vale Cotton Mills they were just called Pleasley Mills I think she may have been in the packing department I can't think of anything else

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 May 2016 23:13

for the geographically challenged, I find that Pleasley, Shirebrook and Upper Langwith are in Mansfield reg dist, for info

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/mansfield.html

I don't see a Jill or Gillian in that reg dist born 1944-1949

ah wait, Pleasley and Shirebrook had transferred to Chesterfield in 1937

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/chesterfield.html

so yes the birth Rose mentioned seems likely ... maybe Gillian had siblings you were not acquainted with, poodles?

all but one of that Gillian's many siblings were younger than her

the slightly older brother had a very distinctive name ...

poodles you can find that Gillian's birth at

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

and then search for White births with the same mother's name, and see what you think, if anything looks familiar

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 May 2016 11:35

As Poodles sent me a PM I have sent the details of the likely births and siblings.

Having said that I must have missed something as Joonie posts that there is an older brother ? oh maybe not, there is another marriage with those surnames Lancs which may account for that birth?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 May 2016 11:47

Search trees add Langwith.
?

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 May 2016 11:57

Yes just looking at that one Kay, I don't know that area but seems likely?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 May 2016 16:31

oh oops, I'm sorry, I completely forgot what you'd said about the other marriage, Rose - absolutely right, probably the other marriage.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 May 2016 22:53

Its near Shirebrook .Rose top side of Mansfield.

poodles

poodles Report 1 Jun 2016 20:26

Thank you everybody for all your help your are right I knew Gillian had siblings
I think I can remember hearing of a younger sibling maybe a brother not sure never met them only met mum & dad once in fish & chip shop but never really spoke to them & Gillian stayed at my house often but never mentioned family I have impression she wasn't happy my mum thought it only right that with Gillian being a bridesmaid at our wedding her parents & family should be invited but they never came thanks I will look into the families you have given me