Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kacy

kacy Report 23 Apr 2016 09:32

Looking for a friend to find her mum .HER NAME IS AMAND WEST SHE WAS adopted SHE AS JUST FOUND OUT THAT IN TWO 15 HER MUM KATERINA HODGES .MUM CAME LOOKING FOR HER IV FOUND OUT THAT KATERINA GOD WED IN 1993 TO A KELVIN M GAY IV LOOKET ON THE ELECROL LIST CANNOT FIND ANYTHING . Is there any out there that can help find her mum thank you brenda :-)

kacy

kacy Report 23 Apr 2016 09:45

Katerina gay got we'd in bristol in 1993 sorry mist that out

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2016 09:46

it may help to get the marriage cert but not seeing the marriage

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2016 09:48

well she married as Katrina does help to have-the right spelling

kacy

kacy Report 23 Apr 2016 09:51

Hi iv found another wedding of katerina gay got we'd to a Simon Stickland in bristol so I do not now witch one to go with

kacy

kacy Report 23 Apr 2016 09:51

Hi iv found another wedding of katerina gay got we'd to a Simon Stickland in bristol so I do not now witch one to go with

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2016 09:51

looks like she was born in 1972 Bristol reg district mmn Moore

Take a look on FreeBMD for the birth and for possible siblings

edit she seems to have siblings there is a possible marriage too for her parents in 1952 all Bristol

as this is so recent its not prudent to put personal info of living people on here

if you need the refs to order certs then PM me

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2016 09:54

if the marriage is a later one maybe she remarried

Afraid folks cant tell you ,you have to get some certs

AND she is Katrina NOT Katerina

edit look in members trees there arte two entries for her as Katrina Hodges one is also a Hodges so may well know more about the family

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2016 10:21

possibly Katrina, s father

Name: Roy E Hodges
Mother's Maiden Surname: Boulton
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1929
Registration district: Bath
Inferred County: Somerset
Volume Number: 5c
Page Number: 619

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Apr 2016 11:00

It looks as if Katrina had an older sister and a younger brother.
Although they may be dormant accounts, send messages to the following members.
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/85467/discover?rk=4766873 http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/1751490/discover?rk=54158148
This one lists all 3 siblings but doesn’t give their place of birth
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/793436/discover?rk=86304545

Sending the Brother’s possible address to 2015. Although it was sold on 31 Mar of that year, the current occupants may have a forwarding address.
Also sister's address to 2006. There is no mention of it being sold since then. However, if was a private rental or HA, there wouldn't have been any change of ownership. Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2016 11:17

you say in 2015 her mum came looking for her . Who told her that and did they get any info from Katrina at the time

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Apr 2016 11:53

"Hi iv found another wedding of katerina gay got we'd to a Simon Stickland in bristol so I do not now witch one to go with"

If that was in 1992, his wife's first name begins with a K, but it's not Katrina

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Apr 2016 12:01

Look on http://www.thephonebook.bt.com for Hodges and Bristol. There are entries with the same initials as the siblings. Use the 'next page' button at the bottom of the lists.

Write, don't phone as you've no idea if they are the correct people. With so many 'cold calls', they're more likely to slam the phone down on your friend than talk to them.

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Apr 2016 12:49

Kacy can I just caution,

please make sure you have the right Katrina/Katerina...we on here do not ( unless it's been given by PM?) know the age of Amanda so we are reliant on your info that the Katrina Hodges being named as marrying Gay is the right Katrina of the right age and location.

There are other possible Katrina/Katerina births which 'could' be relevant, if you are just guessing that the marriage is the right person.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Apr 2016 13:19

To add to Rose's post. Has Amanda accessed her adoption file? Is there additional info on that? It seems strange that a birth mother can track down a child given up for adoption, unless it was an 'open' arrangement?

kacy

kacy Report 23 Apr 2016 13:52

Thank you for coming back I will pass the message on :-)

kacy

kacy Report 23 Apr 2016 19:56

Thank you for coming back I will pass the message on :-)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 25 Apr 2016 02:43

possible address sent by PM

kacy

kacy Report 25 Apr 2016 07:42

Thank you Elizabeth iv been in contact with amanda just waiting to hear from her :-) :-)