Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

KEVIN THOMAS IN WALES LATE 1997. APPROX AGE 55

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 25 Apr 2016 02:11

I am looking for a Mr Kevin Thomas who was involved with a Miss C Nencini, a woman who was working as a cinema manager in Wales during 1997 at the time they met. However the age of 55 is not definite and could be younger (down to 46) or slightly older.
I cannot express how urgent and important this is however for privacy reasons I cannot explain why.
Please if you have a relative or a friend called Kevin Thomas who you have reason to think this could be him or even if it's just on a whim, please ask. It would mean the world to me.
Thank you so much.
Monica

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Apr 2016 09:43

Unfortunately there are so many Kevin Thomas births in Wales it is unlikely you are going to find this man without more details about him.

Because of your name I assume you think this man is your father.

Between the years 1960 and 1980 there are 285 births for the name Kevin Thomas so it would be a huge task to track him down.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Apr 2016 12:38

Have you tried looking at electoral rolls for the area in which Miss Nencini was living/working at the cinema, on the assumption that Kevin lived locally? http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/

Monica

Monica Report 25 Apr 2016 22:54

I have done some digging and the cinemas my mum worked at in her career were predominantly Virgin Cinemas. In 1997 there was a Virgin cinema in Newport, South Wales in Spytty retail park.
Therefore i would imagine he was in the Newport area.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Apr 2016 00:03

It would take a long time but you could go to the library in Newport and work your way through the electoral register for that year - however, it is only searchable by address and not name (I think but not sure for the 90's) so it would take quite a long time to try to find a Kevin Thomas - and even then there might be more than one.

Kath. x

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 26 Apr 2016 02:58

sheesh Kathleen, 'for privacy reasons I cannot explain why.'

... and Rose ...

I would respect that ... I usually just say that we are able to read between the lines and understand the reason for the search ...

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 26 Apr 2016 04:10

Monica would you have any idea whether he was married?

Just so I don't have to keep doing the arithmetic, 55 would make him born about 1960, so say 1960-1970 ish and he would have been 27 to 37 ish at the time so possibly had been married.

also can we ask whether you are in touch with Ms N (we don't know whether you were adopted ...)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Apr 2016 08:47

Sorry Joonie but I would think reading Monica's post it was pretty obvious - and I took it to mean that the reasons why it was urgent and important were the private matters. Since Monica didn't mention what I had said I thought she was o.k. with my assumption. Apologies if not.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Apr 2016 12:04

Joonie, I have amended, but since the person is named on Monica's tree, which I routinely looked at for age, I made the assumption.

Like Kathleen I think, I also took the stress of the 'urgent and important' to mean something specific rather than just the usual interpretation.

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Apr 2016 12:12

As Monica has now posted an area I think from a check of current and recent electoral rolls, there are likely to be too many Kevin's to make it viable to find him that way, if indeed he was local and stayed local.

Without any more info Monica probably the best you can do is keep GR notified of your email address even if you let your sub lapse, that way if Mr Thomas searches for Miss Nencini in the future, he will find the entry on your tree and make contact.

For ref helpers, if there is the assumed relationship I don't feel I can help further than general advice, given that Monica is as far as I can tell still a minor

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 26 Apr 2016 15:37

oh oops yes, the arithmetic again ... time of year matters here

Since Kathleen and Rose have been on the case, Monica, maybe you would tell them a little more by private message ... if that's okay with one or both of them ... particularly about your current family situation and whether a parent is involved in your search .

for the privacy issue, you can rely completely on their discretion

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Apr 2016 18:36

Monica as Joonie suggests I'd be happy to try and help via PM if preferred. Click on my name to send a private message. :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Apr 2016 10:07

Private message sent to Monica to see if she has any other information that may be of help.

Kath. x