Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for someone called Simon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 23 May 2016 19:44

Hi, I'm looking for someone called Simon who used to live in Harlow around 1985. I have very limited information about this person but what I do know is below

Simon was 22 years old in 1985, he was 6' 2" was tall and slim. He had a fair complexion and light brown hair. He used to live with his parents and older sister in Harlow but by 1985 had been living in his own flat for 3 years or so.
I think Simon was an asthmatic and was possibly adopted when he was a child.

He used to know a girl called Tina Anne Ranson who was around 20 years old. Was 5' 3", had light brown hair and grey/blue eyes

I hope someone out there can help me with the small information I have

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 May 2016 19:45

Do you know the name of his sister? that might give more of a clue as to his surname.

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 May 2016 19:51

oh sorry just noticed that you said Simon might have been adopted, in which case knowing his sister's name probably won't help. Do you have any other info at all ?

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 23 May 2016 20:38

I don't know his sisters name unfortunately ??

He was adopted but I think the sister he lived with may have been adopted too or was his adoptive parents child.

I wish I had more information to help in my search for this person

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 May 2016 20:50

Do you have the address if the flat? If so, look at old electoral rolls at Harlow library to get his name. They are searchable by address.

Rose

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 23 May 2016 21:06

No I haven't got that information.

Someone I know has a lot more information but they are refusing to give it to me

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 May 2016 21:18

Putting 2 & 2 together as we are used to doing on here, I can see that this is a delicate situation. For now unless the other person is prepared to tell you more, there's not much you can do.

Having put the names on here if Simon does search google for the name Ranson, this thread will come up.

As I'm sure you realise if he were adopted, then looking at the Simons born Harlow area ( dozens within the time frame) won't help sadly.