Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

phyllis janet brown (nee gregory)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gregory

gregory Report 28 May 2016 15:43

i am looking for any children of the marriage of phyllis janet brown (nee gregory) and ronald Victor Brown, they were married in 1949 and lived in the west midlands.
thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 May 2016 16:06

Try looking on FreeBMD using the surname combination

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 May 2016 16:12

Possible birth

Births Sep 1930
Gregory Phyllis J Skelding Birmingham S. 6d 330

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 May 2016 16:29

Hi Gregory Rose here, from FB

as previously said and for the benefit of helpers there are these possible children

Brown Sally A Gregory Birmingham
BROWN Malcolm G GREGORY
BROWN Timothy J GREGORY

BROWN Pauline M GREGORY
BROWN Katherine E GREGORY

But some of them may be children from this other Brown /Gregory marriage

Marriages Mar 1950 (>99%)
Brown George E Gregory
Gregory Beatrice M Brown

Timothy and Sally both have trees on GR, advice is to try both, and check whether the message has been opened, by looking to see if the envelope next to sent message has gone, if it is still showing the message has not been opened.

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 May 2016 16:31

Further to Shirley's post for birth for Phyllis, there do seem to be a number of siblings to her, it may also be worth tracing them to see if they have info on Phyllis's children.

malyon

malyon Report 28 May 2016 19:57

I was told I could not put the births of children who could be still living had to remove them

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 May 2016 20:14

Quite right malyon, I wasn't thinking! But copied them straight over from the message I sent Gregory on FB. My mistake, and I apologise,

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 May 2016 20:15

I think you can post the births of people as they appear on the birth index as long as you don't put any personal information about them. The birth index is in the public domain and therefore nothing that anyone can't look at.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 May 2016 20:22

Gregory for reference, it might help you to know that some ( one at least) of those named children are apparently not listed in the two trees mentioned... therefore I would guess they are possibly from the other Brown/Gregory family.

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 May 2016 20:40

I hadn't really noticed it, but certainly the two first children listed have to be to different families, as at best there is only 6 months in between the births.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 May 2016 18:41

The births index may be public domain but *talking about* people and their families is another matter altogether.

Also, the info in the births index is not searchable by internet search engines, and these forums are. People may simply not want to be talked about on the internet. I just never know why this is difficult. I don't want me and my living family being talked about on the internet. Who among us does?

Names of people we are looking for, sure. Birth details, why?