Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 14:31

Hi everyone.
I am trying to help someone find a long-lost friend, whom she last saw about 20 years ago (living in Eastleigh, Hampshire). We are pretty sure we have pinned down her birth.
She was born 1970, surname Robinson, MMN Dimichi. You guys will find this easily.
A cinch, you cry! No, I cry back!
I can find next to nothing to help. No matching marriage for parents, & she was an only child.
Any thoughts please?
Jan x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Jul 2016 14:37

Could her parent's have married abroad - given the mother's maiden name?

Could she have been adopted?

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Jul 2016 14:45

Will send a pm with a couple of entries on the electoral register for the name of the person born in 1970. Not sure if either of them is the person you are looking for but worth mentioning.

Kath. x

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 15:38

Thank you Kath. I don't think that much detail is known, unfortunately.
I've replied to your PM.
Jan x

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 16:12

Just to add, it seems we have an address for back then, by which I mean the1980's. Not sure what resources FMP has?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Jul 2016 16:55

The Electoral Registers on Findmypast are just from 2002 to 2014.

Kath. x

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 17:33

Thanks for looking Rose, but I'm not sure about that - the birth surname is a bit different too.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 17:40

Kath, may I please be cheeky & ask if those registers are searchable by address only?
Jan x

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Jul 2016 18:44

Jan is it likely that the address would be her home address, that is with parents? I am looking at Robinsons in Eastleigh for what might be an unusual name for her mother?
If you want to pm the address I will see if I can match it up?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 18:58

Thanks Rose, will do x