Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Cheryl Leighton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 20 Jul 2016 22:50

Hi,
We are trying to help my husband's grandfather locate a missing family member.
Her name is Cheryl Leighton and was born in 1963 on the Wirral.
Her mother's name is Joyce Redwood and her father's name is Brian Leighton.
We believe she moved to Hull with her mother and her mother's new partner but don't know what year this happened.
I know the info is a bit vague and we don't have much to go on, but if you think you can help then please do. It would mean a lot.
Thank you

patchem

patchem Report 20 Jul 2016 23:00

Do you know if she was born in 1963 or at the end of 1962?

Also, the Mother's name would appear to be Aldwood, not Redwood, according to free bmd.

If 1962, she is in someone's tree on here - try to contact the tree owner?

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Jul 2016 23:03

It's redwood on FMP, but image does look more like aldwood

there is a Joyce Leighton on eroll for Hull, might be about the right age?

patchem

patchem Report 20 Jul 2016 23:06

I have just looked at the image - could be Redwood not Aldwood, and that fits with the marriage. (Ancestry reads her first name as Chfryl, so very poor image)

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Jul 2016 23:06

But marriage is Leighton/Redwood. ?

patchem

patchem Report 20 Jul 2016 23:08

There is a marriage in 2000 in Hartlepool for a Cheryl Leighton - a possibility?

patchem

patchem Report 20 Jul 2016 23:14

Try Cheryl Teasdale in Richmond, North Yorkshire:

http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/

Or check facebook.

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Jul 2016 23:15

Do you know if Joyce married her new partner on the Wirral before gong to Hull? as there is a possible marriage of Joyce Leighton...and a subsequent birth Williams mmn Redwood.

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 21 Jul 2016 00:11

Thank you for your replies!
We don't know if Joyce remarried before moving to Hull, but with Redwood not being a common surname, there's a good chance that the Williams marriage is her.

I also found the Teasdale link but really not sure if it's correct.

I've contacted both of the tree owners of the trees that Joyce & Cheryl are in so will wait for their replies and take it from there.

Really appreciate the help! Never done anything like this before so we have no idea what we're doing! And the lack of info we have to go on really doesn't help!

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Jul 2016 00:35

The tree that has Joyce in also has her son ( I only looked for one but there are 2) in so that looks hopeful.( edit both sons are in that tree)

Am sending a message with another link which might be the couple at their business address..the company is still in operation it would seem so if all else fails you might be able to make contact via the address

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Jul 2016 00:56

The Cheryl who married a Teasdale was previously married to a Leighton so not the correct one.

Rose