Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Storey, Gray and molloy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Askin

Askin Report 1 Aug 2016 15:41

Hi all just wandering if anyone know of these family names or anyone they belong too. Areas to these names i think i can remember are Nottingham and Durham.

Regards Ash

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 1 Aug 2016 17:22

Any dates, Ash? Or who was married to whom?

patchem

patchem Report 1 Aug 2016 21:31

There is this marriage which can be found on free bmd:
Marriages Mar 1949
Gray Hilda Molloy Nottingham 3c 837
Molloy James Storey Nottingham 3c 837
Molloy James Gray Nottingham 3c 837
Storey Hilda Molloy Nottingham 3c 837

Have you looked in family trees on here for any names that you know of?

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Aug 2016 12:08

Possibly Hilda's first marriage?

Marriages Jun 1938 (>99%)

Gray Hilda Storey Nottingham 7b 945
Storey William H Gray Nottingham 7b 945

patchem

patchem Report 2 Aug 2016 20:18

Did Elsie also live in Durham when she met Audrey? Why do you think that Audrey may be family?

As you have found 2 of your Mother's brothers from Hilda's second marriage, did they have any further information on the rest of the family?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 3 Aug 2016 07:32

edited

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Aug 2016 11:26

I have deleted my posts with the births.

Askin

Askin Report 3 Aug 2016 16:19

I have deleted my post and I was not out to upset anyone and did not intend to hurt anyone. Suppose you can call it excitement after growing up and only child and finding what i have already. I will avoid adding topics now as i don't want to offend anyone or upset anyone else.
For the people who helped me thank you very much.

Ash. x

Pam

Pam Report 3 Aug 2016 18:55

Don't do that...just avoid putting personal information about potentially living people, particularly without their permission

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Aug 2016 21:47

I have to say, though, that your post was very hurtful. Joonie, and I'm still upset.

I admit that I was wrong, that i never thought of the fact that I was posting about possible/probable living people. I'm so used to posting about long deceased ones.

A gentle reminder that these were living people and a suggestion that the posts be deleted would have been kinder.

Ash has said that she won't be posting anymore and I am very hesitant to do lookups in fear of making a mistake again.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 3 Aug 2016 23:35

Margaret, I find myself gobsmacked by the number of times I see things like this. I always pay close attention to birthdates and try to follow census-type rules - over age 90+ and probably safe to post. But when the personal details are combined with speculation about parentage and such - which is all very common too - I just think: if this were me? It's seeing it happen so often that makes me irritable.

My staunch Baptist uncle finally had to admit to his 6 kids that their mother was pregnant when they married ... when their 50th wedding anniversary rolled around and the kids were planning a big shindig ... except it wasn't their 50th, it was their 49th :-) Everybody else in the family knew, but nobody had ever breathed a word to the kids. Not even my gossipy grandma. I would have thought it pretty funny if the whole self-righteous bunch of them had learned the facts on the internet from something this (and my uncle's name is 'so' unique that they would have found it) ... but still, not my closet to let the skeletons out of, and I hardly blame my priggish uncle (who has no trouble blaming other people for their foibles) and his priggish wife (they have fortunately both mellowed) for being human, anyway.

So when I notice something like this, that is this recent, if I'm the one nosying around, I generally suggest something like 'look for the births with those surnames, at freebmd, and you'll notice something, but we won't post it here for privacy'. Or just send a PM and mention that for those here who know where to look.

Anyway, I came back here quickly earlier in the day and saw your note about editing the info, and I was going to get back and delete or modify my post, and then I had to finish some work, and my browser crashed ... and I was coming back to do it, so now I will!

And then this one too ...

It's unfortunate that Ash feels that way. Ash, maybe think how you would feel if someone were to google your name and find your personal laundry being aired on the net. Privacy on line is important. Our own and everybody else's. (On that point, if I were you, I'd change your 'board name' so your full name isn't visible when people click on it. This is a horrible privacy violation by this website, that it doesn't warn people about these things, and that's how to fix it.)

The hunt is so much fun that we all get caught up in it sometimes.

Askin

Askin Report 4 Aug 2016 09:52

Think I have got the message now and think I will set up a complete new profile so no one else gets offended. Like I said wasn't out to hurt anyone and sometimes it's not all negative or even secretive that people put on here as there is also people out there reaching out to be found.

If ok Margaret I will pm you later and we can keep our investigating private. Thank you again for your support.

Ash

Eileen

Eileen Report 17 Feb 2017 18:48

Hi my father was a storey he was from Nottingham and his sisters also his own sons and daughters Eileen