Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tom and elizabeth mullen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kay

kay Report 9 Aug 2016 15:44

i am trying to trace tom mullen not sure what area he is in now.I know he has lived in yorkshire,Doncaster,Rotherham area.He has a sister that lives in Denaby she is called Elizabeth or Betty for short not sure of her married name.

malyon

malyon Report 9 Aug 2016 16:11

does tom have a middle name what age would he be

patchem

patchem Report 9 Aug 2016 16:45

Welcome to genesreunited, Kay.

Do you know if Thomas and Elizabeth were born in the Doncaster area, and what sort of ages are they now - which one was older?

Thanks

patchem

patchem Report 9 Aug 2016 16:49

There is a Thomas Mullen, possible age 60 - 64, living in the Doncaster area now:

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/mullen/thomas/

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Aug 2016 12:38

An Elizabeth Mullen married a Clarke in Doncaster in 1976. (Would that fit with her age as you know it?)
There's an Elizabeth Clarke living in Denaby.

One entry on searchelectoralroll.
You can look up the address yourself on searchelectoralroll, Kay.
Just enter first and surnames, and Denaby in the town box.
It's a free search, unless you want further details, such as actual house number.

Two entries on 192.com:
2002-13 (which matches the postcode given on searchelectoralroll),
and 2014-16 (I don't have credits on 192.com to see the address, but it's still DN 12 postcode.)

Two possible children from the marriage, born Doncaster 1976 and 1979.
A person with the name and present age of one of those children is listed with Elizabeth at the same address on searchelectoralroll.

Of course, I can't say that she's the correct Elizabeth, as I don't know how old "your" Betty/Elizabeth is.
If trying to contact her, you'd have to tread carefully. If she's not still at that address, whoever lives there now might know where she went.

I don't see either her or her son in the BT phone-book online, unless the son is now living in Mexborough. Or they may be ex-directory, or not have a landline.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Aug 2016 17:05

PM sent to Kay, as she's a new poster, to let her know there are replies here, and how to reply to our questions.

kay

kay Report 21 Aug 2016 18:32

Hi all thank you for responding to me.The information i have is that Tom Mullen is in his sixties now and probably his sister will be too.Many years ago my mum was really good friends with Elizabeth.My mum is called Judith Ann newton.after searching for many years i have found her. My mum had a relationship with tom and i was the result ,this was back in 1971.Tom doesn't know i exist.I had to be given up for adoption cause my mum was young and at that time her mother had passed away,so it left my mum and her younger sister and their father he was called Harry Newton they lived in Conisborough.The other information i know is that Harry was a miner and also Tom worked as a miner for a short time.I Have been informed that Elizabeth is still living in Denaby. X

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Aug 2016 11:57

The Elizabeth Clarke in Denaby, whom I told you about in my earlier post, is aged 60-64, according to 192.com, so may well be the right person.

Good luck, if you try to contact her!

But I repeat, tread carefully.

kay

kay Report 22 Aug 2016 14:23

Hi thank you for that i will look in to it.Will let you know how i get on. X

kay

kay Report 22 Aug 2016 17:43

If anyone can give me any leads it would be a great help.I'M just coming up with dead ends thanks Kay x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Aug 2016 18:29

That Elizabeth Clarke may very well not be a dead end.

If she 's the right person, she'll be able to tell you about her brother Tom.

Also, Patchem posted a link to an address for a Thomas Mullen of about the right age in Doncaster. (On 192.com)
If you look up Thomas Mullen in Doncaster on searchelectoralroll, three addresses come up. The second one in that list is the one for the man aged 60-64, and on the 2016 ER, whom Patchem posted about.

Do try contacting both of those people (Thomas Mullen and Elizabeth Clarke) - but carefully, if they don't know about you.

I don't think you (or anyone else) will find any more likely leads than those.

kay

kay Report 22 Aug 2016 21:46

Thank you i will keep trying.I will look in to what you have said.But also i will be extra careful what with them not knowing about me.Will let you know if i get anywhere. thank you Kay X