Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Sharon K Taylor & Jonathan D Taylor 66

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

julia

julia Report 6 Sep 2016 06:54

My father became estranged from his family when we left the UK in 1974. I have a keen interest in meeting my first cousins, Sharon and Jonathan Taylor

grand parents
Harry Taylor (1909-1970) Born in Derbyshire. Lived in Doncaster, where I was born
Constance Murie McGilchrist (1915-1964) Born in Lancaster, Lancashire

Their parents:
Peter Gaston Taylor (1939-1990) born and died in London
Carole JL Hennessy (3/1938-?) Born in Bromley, Kent
Married 12/63 in Kensington
Children:
Sharon K Taylor 12/64, born in Kensington
Jonathan David Taylor 9/66, born in Bromley

I believe Carole later married a Peter M Herrick in Sittingbourne, Kent in 1971.

Again, we had not contact after we left and I would really love to meet my first cousins.

If anyone has any hints or suggestions, I would love to hear them,

Thank you so much
Julia Taylor

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Sep 2016 10:41

Getting no where fast!

For what its worth, Peter M Herrick is likely to have been born in 1947. He doesn't appear on the ER, even in 2002 which was the last year when every registered voter's entry would show.
So either he arranged to have their names removed from the public records, or they moved overseas.

There are too many marriages for Jonathan or Sharon to identify which might be correct.

Have you searched all members trees on here to see if any of the people are listed on other people's trees? Top right under 'Search'.

Enusre that your own tree has their names on it. Technically you shouldn't add the names of potentially living relatives without their permission, but in your case it because you are hoping to find them.

patchem

patchem Report 8 Sep 2016 07:51

Carole was registered in the first quarter of 1938, so could have been born in 1937.
So it is worth trying to contact the member on here who may have her in their tree. (Particularly as she also appears to have Carole's brother and father (Edward Hennessy, 1904) in her tree).