Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

im Trying to find my biological father

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lauren

Lauren Report 14 Oct 2016 17:53

Hello, i wonder if anyone can help me im looking for william hayward Johnson he was born in 1962 if anyone has any advice or knows who he is or where he is please contact me thankyou :)

malyon

malyon Report 14 Oct 2016 19:03

do you know where he was born is Hayward he's middle name

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Oct 2016 19:15

Assuming Hayward is a middle name, there are 4 men who may fit the criteria with a middle initial H

Hendon reg, now Greater London
Lambeth Reg, now Greater London
Prescot reg, Lancashire.

Did your birth father ever live with you? If so when did he leave the family home & which town was that in?
Does your birth mother have any additional info about him, such as the names of his parents/siblings and were they used to live?

Should you be able to find him, would he have known about you? Would he have told his current family, if he has one, that he has a child by someone else?

Lauren

Lauren Report 14 Oct 2016 21:39

he was born in lambeth he left when i was a baby, my mum never met his family, im not sure if he would have told anyone about me but he knows i exist. his mothers maiden name was macmullen and his DOB is 1962 thats all the info i have and yes hayward is his middle name his full name is william hayward A johnson

malyon

malyon Report 14 Oct 2016 21:59

you should remove his full date of birth not allowed just leave the year
its william H A johnson

malyon

malyon Report 14 Oct 2016 22:16

looks like he could have had I sister and 2 brothers

Lauren

Lauren Report 14 Oct 2016 22:21

i know he had a brother i dont know his name im not aware of a second brother and sister but thankyou everyone for helping me

malyon

malyon Report 14 Oct 2016 22:42

there are no William h a Johnson's in electrol list but a lot with William h Johnson and no marriages with middle names H A

not seeing a marriage for Johnson and macmullen

Lauren

Lauren Report 14 Oct 2016 22:48

thats why i got stuck but im not sure if they use both second names as on my paper work some times it comes up with lauren c then my last name when my name is lauren c m then my last name x

patchem

patchem Report 14 Oct 2016 23:22

Have you tried to contact anyone with possible matches for him or his siblings in their trees on here?

If there are no obvious marriages for his parents, then they did not marry in this country, or it could have been a second marriage for his mother. Have you applied for his birth certificate for her name?

Added:
Try a google search for 'William Hayward Johnson' possibly with Plymouth as well. (You will then get an approximate address in 2013)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Oct 2016 06:30

Looks like a brother married in 1983 still in the Lambeth reg district

And another possible brother in 1973 Southwark area

Look on FreeBMD for the births

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Oct 2016 06:40

Think you need to get Williams birth certificate for his parents info

Lauren

Lauren Report 15 Oct 2016 08:20

Thankyou xxx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Oct 2016 10:54

There's a 1980 marriage in Bromley reg to an Allen. For elimination purposes, would that be your mother? He'd have been c18 at the time. A possible child was born to that marriage in Lambeth reg in 1985. There are a lot of Johnson/Allen births scattered all over the country - The child may have different parents.

EDIT - Re the 1980 marriage; perhaps not. Are we looking to see where he's gone since 1996?

Lauren

Lauren Report 15 Oct 2016 11:54

My mum and dad never married my mum Is arter and my DOB is 1996 and I'm there first child he was lost in 1996 this i think is why its difficult to find him as we're searching with not much to go on x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Oct 2016 12:45

Its OK - we don't need details, just that contact was lost in 1996. You might want to edit your post 15 Oct 2016 11:54.

Does your mother still have any paperwork which might have given a new address, or named a solicitor? Really grasping at straws! Possibly his birth cert then research for siblings is the way forward.

Lauren

Lauren Report 15 Oct 2016 13:06

I'll ask my mum and let you know Thankyou x

patchem

patchem Report 15 Oct 2016 13:40

As posted above, in 2013, so you know what district and possible family etc:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth-magistrates/story-19443004-detail/story.html

Lauren

Lauren Report 15 Oct 2016 18:32

Thankyou xx

Lauren

Lauren Report 15 Oct 2016 21:33

Thankyou everyone ive found him xx