Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deanna Wareham b1941

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 18 Oct 2016 13:06

I was wondering whether someone could help me. I am trying to find out about this lady for my friend. She was born in Nuneaton in the Dec Quarter. Her birth was registered twice once in the name of Wareham and once in the name of Owen.

I am trying to find out about this lady. ? why her birth was registered in two names and what happened to her. I cant find a marriage or a death for her.

Ay information would be really great. I have to be really careful as she could still be alive.

Thanks for your help Jane.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Oct 2016 13:24

For helpers' reference:

Births Dec 1941 (>99%)
Wareham Deanna D B Dix Nuneaton 6d 1135

Births Dec 1941 (>99%)
OWEN Deanna D B Dix Nuneaton 6d 1135

Possibly parents' marriage??

Marriages Jun 1937 (>99%)
Dix Dorrian M Warham Coventry 6d 1603
Wareham Alan C Dix Coventry 6d 1603
Warham Alan C Dix Coventry 6d 1603

Jane

Jane Report 18 Oct 2016 13:30

Thanks ArgyllGran

Yes I think that is the correct parents. Thank you for helping me.

Jane

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Oct 2016 13:39

I have no idea why her birth is registered with different surnames.

Searchelectoralroll shows a Deanna Owen, aged 75, living in Wales, and 192.com says she was on the 2015 ER.

Absolutely no idea if she could be the right person or not.

I'll PM the details.

Jane

Jane Report 18 Oct 2016 13:48

Thanks ArgyllGran

Its really strange, she can't just disappear. Perhaps that is her. Her age is correct and it is not that far from Coventry.

All the best Jane

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Oct 2016 13:52

Ah, that lady died in 2015.

She had 3 sisters, and I don't see the births of any siblings for your friend's Deanna.
No husband mentioned in the obituary, but she had a son.

I've PM'd the link to the obituary, which is easily found from a Google search, in any case.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Oct 2016 13:53

"Your" Deanna may have emigrated, not married, and still be alive, in which case we wouldn't be able to find her from what's readily searchable online.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Oct 2016 13:57

Does your friend know anything else about her - has she had contact with her, and if so, when?

Jane

Jane Report 18 Oct 2016 14:03

ArrgyllGran I have sent you a message.

All I know is that Her mum and dad split up. She has had no contact with her and has never met her.

Thanks

Jane

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Oct 2016 14:10

This may be her father - though it sheds no light on the Owen side of things:

Births Sep 1905 (>99%)
Wareham Alan Charles Coventry 6d 532

Alan Watcham
(Wareham)
in the 1911 England Census
Name: Alan Watcham
[Alan Wareham]
Age in 1911: 5
Estimated birth year: abt 1906
Relation to Head: Son
Birth Place: Coventry, Warwickshire, England
Civil Parish: Coventry
County/Island: Warwickshire
Street address: 33 Melville Rd, Coventry
Registration district: Coventry
Registration District Number: 390
Sub-registration district: St John
ED, institution, or vessel: 23
Piece: 18533
Household Members:
Name Age
Charles Watcham 43
Rose Watcham 29
Alan Watcham 5
Lionel Watcham 2
Olive Thrower 17 - servant

His parents' marriage, I think - so not as if he's using his mother's maiden name as an alternative:
Marriages Sep 1904 (>99%)
Hobday Rose Emily Alcester 6d 1246
Wareham Charles Harmon Alcester 6d 1246

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Oct 2016 14:11

The usual suggestion is that her mother had been married before in which case the mothers name on the BC would be

Dorrien Wareham, formerly Owen, previously Dix. Dix being her maiden name. However, her previous married name would be reflected in her 1937 marriage reference, which it isn't.

Could she have had an extra marital affair while her husband was away fighting, or been widowed & had a child with another man who accepted paternity outside of wedlock? All sorts of things went on during the war years!

To be honest, the easiest way to find out the full details is to purchase the birth certificate.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Oct 2016 14:13

Ah - you added earlier that her parents separated. I'd go for Mr Owen being her biological father.

Jane

Jane Report 18 Oct 2016 14:22

Thanks DetEctive and ArgylGran for all your help.
DetEcTive. I have sent you a message.

I am not sure if that is the correct family for Alan Wareham I will have to ask my friend tonight to confirm it.

Thanks again

Jane

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Oct 2016 14:34

Have replied. Choose one set of names when you order the cert as there is only one Birth Certificate. You'll be wasting £9.25 if you use both sets of data.

Jane

Jane Report 18 Oct 2016 14:40

Thanks DetEctive. I think I would recommend that she goes for the one in the name of Owens.

Jane

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Oct 2016 17:25

Does you friend know what happened to the parents?

Rose

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 18 Oct 2016 18:53

Only one registered birth 1941 for a Deanna Owen , and in Genes Tree of
Deanna Owen place of birth blank , have sent PM .

Kay????

Kay???? Report 18 Oct 2016 21:05

rder by
Doc True
T ALAN CHARLES WAREHAM, of No. -¦-* 51, Bereeford Avenue, Coventry, hereby give notice that as and from this date
T ALAN CHARLES WAREHAM, of No. -¦-* 51, Bereeford Avenue, Coventry, hereby give notice that as and from this date
give notice that as and from this date I shall not be responsible for any debts or liabilities incurred by my wife, Dorrian May Wareham, of No. 77, Catesby Road, Coventry. (Signed) A. C. WAREHAM
30 August 1940 - Coventry Evening Telegraph - Coventry, West Midlands, England

Doc True
A “QUICK ’ LUNCH
A “QUICK ’ LUNCH
A “QUICK LUNCH Dorrian May Wareham, 105, Widdrington Road. Coventry, who was summoned at Coventry on Tuesday for having caused a motor car wait in Hertford Street for 1 hour minutes, and for having failed to produce a certificate insurance, told P.c.
17 August 1940 - Coventry Standard - Coventry, West Midlands, Eng,

seems the marriage could have been over by the above.?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Oct 2016 22:09

The mother went on to have at least 2 more children. Perhaps you already know this as your friend is one of these?

Rose

Jane

Jane Report 19 Oct 2016 06:56

Thank you so much Kay, Rose and Kenneth.

No she doesn't know any of the information you have given me. She really didn't know anything about this lady til I told her about her. She had an idea her Dad had had another child ? sister but didn't know anything for sure til I asked her about her. It was a bit of a shock to her.

Sorry just to clarify Dorrian May had two other children including Deanna. Who were they please. My friend is from Alan Warehams second marriage.

So Could the Deanna Owen ArgylGran be the Deanna we are looking for?

Thanks you all so much for this information. Everyone has been really kind helping me.

I have to go to work now but will check this thread when I get back tonight.

All the best

Jane