Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 14 Jan 2017 10:32

I believe I have found a female relative and her subsequent marriage.
Can't find any divorce or death of either of the two and cannot find their two christian names together on the electoral rolls.
Individually their names are on the electoral rolls but I don't know who is who if their names are not linked

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jan 2017 11:02

Not sure what you need help with ??

If you do that is :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Jan 2017 11:46

Have you considered that they could have seperated or even emigrated?

Only a tiny percentage of divorce case files have been kept since 1938. If they aren't on the National Archive site, then they've been destroyed.
Decree Absolutes won't be on-line.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/divorces/

Online death indices stop at 2006. An alternatives is to search the Probate Calendar. The downside is that neither the date/year of birth nor the age at death or place is shown. Not all Estates go to Probate especially if its passed in its entirety to the surviving spouse
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Both above paras related to records within England and Wales

Did they have children together? Its sometimes easier to find them.