Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with navy records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trudy

Trudy Report 22 Nov 2014 13:54

Hello I am trying to find service information on my grandad his name was

Herbert maunder born 1913 West Ham ( mother Muriel p maunder)

I know he served on hms euryalus and he was an able seaman his service number was CJX399125 but that's all I know and was wondering if anybody could help me.

Thank you in advance

Trudy :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Nov 2014 15:19

His records will be with the MOD.

Have a look at this link on the National Archive about what is available on line & MOD contact details
http://tiny.cc/cffqpx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Nov 2014 15:28

The Only H or Herbert Maunder listed in the expected time frame on Ancestry - Naval Medals & Awards to 1972 is

Name: H G S Maunder
Medal or Award: RN Long Service and Good conduct Medal
Service Year: 1942-1947

Service no D/JX 129357. He was a PO on the Nimrod . The medal was issued 5 Jul 1944

Trudy

Trudy Report 24 Nov 2014 14:33

Thank you detective I'll have to get my mum to apply for his records from the mod

Trudy