Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ww2 royal engineers 1942--1945

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

marmar

marmar Report 12 Dec 2014 11:25

i am interested in my fathers war time records. but am having trouble finding his records please can anyone help. William Henry Jordon sapper. i will be grateful for any info. he lived in ratby Leicester.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Dec 2014 12:50

WW2 records are still with MOD. They will cost £30 unless your mother is still alive then they are free.

The info is here

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records

:-)

marmar

marmar Report 12 Dec 2014 13:24

thank you for reply. i will look into it.

Gail

Gail Report 10 Feb 2015 01:43

Did you have any luck finding your Dad's records being an engineer with the RAF. Was he a civilian engineer?

thank you
Gail

marmar

marmar Report 10 Feb 2015 11:38

hello Gail, i haven't been able to look into it yet but i will go to mod and apply for information about my dad . all i know is he was in the army royal engineers and he said he was a driver. 1942 to 1944-5. he wouldn't talk about his wartime days. he came home to a wife ,five children and i was the one on the way. i am the lone survivor of the family. it would be lovely to read about his wartime days good or bad.
:-)mamar

Gail

Gail Report 5 Sep 2015 19:16

Please let me know how you make out cause im interested in knowing if they hold civilian records.
Thankyou
Gail