Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kenneth Hanscombe 1922 Army

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 15 Dec 2014 07:14

Hello , I have up a post on "Find Ancestors" and they have been a great help. But none have been able to help with the Army side of the question ,so I am hoping you can. Kenneth Hanbscombe was born in Croydon in 1922. I have a picture of him in this Army Uniform, there is no writing on the back .His father was Albert Victor Eaton Hanscombe born 1886 this mother was Rose Frances Hanscombe nee Bailey 1891-1967... No one knows what happened to him Can you help please\Thank you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Dec 2014 09:43

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1347586

The thread on Find Ancestors

Although its great that you acknowledge another thread, Most people who try to help do look at all the boards.

There is now an additional reply on that thread suggesting you contact his daughter.

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 15 Dec 2014 11:13

As I said my Aunts have long not had contact with that side of the family , and I would not go against my aged Aunts , but thanks for the link :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Dec 2014 11:32

The thing is, we know he survived WW2 as he married in 1945.

Since we now know that he has a living relative, it's highly unlikely that you would be permitted to purchase his service records, especially as no one can find a death record at the moment. He might even still be alive but either opted out of the online ER or in residential care and deemed incompetent to vote.

It's a shame that you don't feel comfortable contacting their daughter. So much time must have passed since the fall out, you could easily write to your cousin 'for the purposes of FH research ' especially as you no longer live in the UK. She'd probably love to have a relative in Australia and you could probably have a laugh about the original disagreement - if she even knows!

'we' didn't talk to 'them', except that I did. ;-)
The fall out was because the eldest sister was trying to tell my mum what she was going to buy for whom at Christmas and expected her to fit in with the (the eldest sisters) plans.

There's nought as queer as folk. :-D

malyon

malyon Report 24 Dec 2014 23:24

hi
i think you spelt the surname wrong its handscomb found marriage for parents 1911
and kenneths birth and other children

yvonne

malyon

malyon Report 27 Dec 2014 12:36

hi
kenneth w handscomb married elsie v wood in bromley
they are in thttp://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 28 Dec 2014 18:41

Thank you Yvonne :-)