Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Forfeited medals

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 18 Mar 2015 12:55

Where can I find out why an ancestors medals were forfitted

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Mar 2015 13:49

Part of an article on National Archives

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/medal-index-cards-ww1.htm

"Others failed to meet the required criteria for certain awards, had not served abroad, or forfeited their campaign medals due to a disciplinary infringement."

Have you tried to google for info

Which sort of medal ?

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 18 Mar 2015 23:03

How do you know they were forfeited? Which medals?

Susan

Susan Report 19 Mar 2015 09:49

I have 3 records from the First World War. in 1914/15 he was in the army corps in the 3rd battn as a rifleman and has the 1914/15 star. I then have him in the Royal Air Force which shows his previous unit as rifle bed and says he forfeited his medal. In 1914/1920 he was still in the Air Force and was awarded the British war medal and Victory medal and they appear to been kept. In 1926 he was in the merchant navy.
Thank you for your replies.