Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Uploading photos to my thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wonky Woman

Wonky Woman Report 30 Mar 2015 14:52

A relative of mine has found a little lapel badge which she thinks belonged to her late husband. We think it is a military badge, can anyone tell me how to get a photo of it on to my thread please.

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 30 Mar 2015 16:08

I think most people upload the image to their keepsafe, then add a link to the item in the keepsafe to the thread.

Not done it myself though.

EDIT: When setting the privacy, you would have to make that image seeable by everyone, so anyone looking at your thread could look at it.

Wonky Woman

Wonky Woman Report 30 Mar 2015 16:55

Thanks Kucinta, I'll try that.
Regards
Silwyn ( Wonky Woman )

Wonky Woman

Wonky Woman Report 2 Apr 2015 18:40

I have put a photo of the badge on my shared media, not sure if this is correct way to let everyone see it so fingers crossed.

Silwyn
( Wonky Woman).

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Apr 2015 19:50

Silwyn - tell us exactly what you've called it and we may be able to search and view.

Even better if you could copy the 'address' for the image from your browser bar and paste it on here.

Wonky Woman

Wonky Woman Report 2 Apr 2015 20:29

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/folder/contents/3
Not sure if this is how to do it, hopefully it is. Thanks for trying to help.

Silwyn
(Wonky Woman )

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 2 Apr 2015 23:04

Silwyn

Go into your keepsake.

Double click on the image of the badge to open it.

Cut and paste what shows up in the url window thingy (I'm not IT literate) onto your thread.

NB :when you open the image, check the privacy setting (on the right hand side of the screen) is set to 'share with everyone'.

If it's not, click on 'edit' then use the drop down menu on the Privacy button to change it.

EDIT: By url window thingy I mean browser bar (thanks DET!)

Wonky Woman

Wonky Woman Report 3 Apr 2015 09:45

I, like you, am not IT literate. I have tried doing what you suggest & for some reason cannot access the 'cut' or 'paste' option. I will keep trying. Thanks again for your help, sorry to be a nuisance.

Wonky Woman

Wonky Woman Report 3 Apr 2015 09:47

genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/14281748

Hope this has worked

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Apr 2015 10:51

That has worked and the badge is from the Welsh Guards.

Have a look here and scroll down to near the bottom of the page:-

http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/angela764/military/british_cap_badges.html

Kath. x

Allan

Allan Report 3 Apr 2015 10:55

Hi Wonky Woman

I'm not 100% sure but the badge looks like a leek, suggesting a Welsh Regiment if it is, in fact, a military badge.

Do a google search on Welsh Regiments.

The most obvious one is the Welsh Guards, but I'm sure that there will be others

Allan

Allan

Allan Report 3 Apr 2015 10:58

This badge looks very similar as far as the Leek goes

http://www.edgarjerome.co.uk/regimental-wear/accessories/regimental-badges/welsh-guards-regimental-wire-badge.html

Allan

Allan Report 3 Apr 2015 10:59

Snap, Kathleen :-D

Wonky Woman

Wonky Woman Report 3 Apr 2015 16:22

Thank you so much, Kathleen & Alan, I'm ashamed to say I should have known being Welsh myself. I just had a look at the photo & it's definitely the same.
Thanks again.
Silwyn
( Wonky Woman)