Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 24 Oct 2016 18:43

Hello

Would anyone have access to Forces War Records that would kindly do a lookup for me please. Would like to view full record.
Frank L Smart Service ( 2136274)
Rank Sapper
Royal Engineer

Thankyou

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Oct 2016 19:22

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/military_chat/thread/1354536

Sorry Gail.

The advice is still the same.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 25 Oct 2016 08:18

Dundee Courier - Wednesday 11 November 1942

Intimation that her husband, Sapper Frank L Smart, Royal Engineers, has benn wounded while serving in the Middle East has been received by Mrs Smart, 23 Gowan Street, Arbroath. Thirty three, he was called up about two years ago, prior to which he was employed as a painter with Messrs R Meekinson & Sons, Arbroath, He has been in the Middle East for a year and a half.

Haribo

Haribo Report 26 Oct 2016 13:59

Hello,

Could anyone help me with the Army Record for Benjamin O'keeffe please? I would like to know if he was married to a Mary Cremin from Cork City..

Thanks.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Oct 2016 17:07

Haribo- as this is presumably a different family, it would be better if you started your own thread on Find Ancestors.
As you've a number of posts to your name, perhaps you made a mistake?