Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kenneth john walker

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 6 Dec 2016 09:56

K.j.walker..born 1920.30.1.1920. Born hulme manchester.mother emily roberts 1walker1 born 20.1.1898? Died 4.1.66 Father william irvine walker.
Kenny joined army age 15 served 8th army north africa .stayed in the army all his life.sisters olive and hilda walker.his sisters havnt seen him since he was 15.he married a swiss girl.then later married a scotish girl.no other details
Thanks....they lived in the liverpool area of heyworth street.and netherfield rd...

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Dec 2016 19:55

George - if you are looking for his Military records, they'd still be with the MOD

There's always the possiblility that he is still living!

This is the link for obtaining UK service records:
http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

They'd cost £30 have a copy sent to you, which may be after several months.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 7 Dec 2016 08:34

If you have the correct parents then it appears his birth was registered as John K in first quarter of 1921 mother's maiden name Roberts.

However, I'm not seeing a marriage in England or Wales between William Irvine Walker and Emily Roberts (perhaps I'm missing something?)
--------------------------------------------------------

Possibly his mother in 1939, although birth date is a little different:

Walker Household (2 People) 79 Netherfield Road South , Liverpool C.B., Lancashire, England

Emily Walker 27 Jan 1898 Female General Shop Keeper Married
Closed Record
Closed Record
Archibald (J) Meakin 14 Dec 1889 Male Ice Cream Salesman Married
--------------------------------------------------

Edit: related thread: http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1330243

a bit confusing as on the thread for the link I've just posted it says you have the birth certificate- name John Kenneth Walker born 30 Dec 1920- this differs from the birth date you've given.

An accurate birth date could help find a possible death.

George

George Report 7 Dec 2016 15:49

Yes netherfield rd is correct....and archibald meakin.no one knows if she married william irvine walker.my mother and her sister.hilda walker and olive walker..always though there father was walker but it appears there father was archibald meakin..we think kenny found this out...he then joined the army.my mum and her sister never seen him again?....we have kenneth john walker born 1920..d.o.b.30.12.1920.
Emily roberts his mum 1898.archibald meakin 1877..william irvine walker 1889..

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 7 Dec 2016 17:08

George, on the other thread you say that you know he has married twice and had children that have not seen him. A little information about that could help.

Did he marry as Kenneth or John Kenneth?

Where did he marry? Where was his last known whereabouts? You said he married a Scottish lass- did he marry in Scotland?

George

George Report 7 Dec 2016 17:16

Sorry no more info..just a dead end..and family talk...dont know who he married except 1st a swiss girl...then a scotish girl...we know he was still in the army 1950s
And walker is a big scotish name to trace....sorry not an easy one...

George

George Report 28 Feb 2017 18:22

update to my thread on john kenneth walker...dob....13 dec 1920..born hulme manchester..mereton st hospital..mother emily roberts they then moved to liverpool kenny joined the 8th army then disapeared,we know after the war he stayed in the army until retirement?sisters hilda and olive walker born liverpool.any help thanks

George

George Report 28 Feb 2017 18:45

i originally had the name wrong...its 100% john kenneth walker

George

George Report 28 Feb 2017 19:23

fathers name...john irvine walker possible william

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Feb 2017 20:20

Did you send for his military records? They'd say when he left the Army.

George

George Report 1 Mar 2017 14:10

i will try but i dont have a soldier number....and only a birth certificate to go on
regards

George

George Report 1 Mar 2017 14:13

as it was the second world war,he could in theory still be alive...on the site it says i can only apply if they are deceased

George

George Report 1 Mar 2017 16:07

also i telephone forces war records they say without a soldier number and more info there is not much they can do

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 1 Mar 2017 17:45

Of course you can't apply for his records if you don't have proof of his death

George

George Report 14 May 2020 12:40

Still looking for john kenneth walker born 13.12
1920 hulme manchester his mother is emily roberts born 1898 died 1966.
Before the 2nd world war he enlisted in the army we think he served in n africa.
We know after the war he stayed in the army and we think he had a long service career
My mum hilda and my aunt olive who are his sisters have never seen him since before the war,olive walker born 1934 hilda walker born 6 april 1937..........
Regards.......

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 May 2020 13:59

You say he joind the Army at 15 - unlikely, unless he lied about his age.

Do you know which Regiment or Corps?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 May 2020 14:11

Just for INFO

His birth registration

Births Mar 1921 (>99%)
Walker John K Roberts Chorlton 8c 1529

No marriage or death for him in Scotland, and no death on the GRO index, which covers 1984 -2019

Of course, if someone wishes to 'disappear', it isn't difficult

WHO is named as his father on his birth cert?

And what is his CORRECT date of birth - you've given various versions. Accuracy is vital

Where and when was Emily born?

George

George Report 14 May 2020 14:29

Still looking for john kenneth walker born 13.12
1920 hulme manchester his mother is emily roberts born 1898 died 1966.
Before the 2nd world war he enlisted in the army we think he served in n africa.
We know after the war he stayed in the army and we think he had a long service career
My mum hilda and my aunt olive who are his sisters have never seen him since before the war,olive walker born 1934 hilda walker born 6 april 1937..........
Regards.......

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 May 2020 14:35

You seem very unsure about your family's details

Olive was born 1933 - not, as you've stated, 1934

Archibald Meakin - connected or not - was born 1889, not 1877 as you've said (see 1939 register)

I can see ONE possible William Irvine Walker

Name: William Irvine Walker
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1897
Registration district: Belfast
Birth Country: Ireland
Volume: 1
Page: 352
FHL Film Number: 101066

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 May 2020 14:38

Don't just copy & paste repeat posts, George. That isn't helping!

Please answer the questions which are designed to try get factual info on which to base searches