Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jennifer Nunn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gatelady

gatelady Report 2 Feb 2017 21:02

Jennifer was born 29 May 1964 in Cyprus, She died 30 May 1964, at DHekella Hospital British Army Base, I do have more info if needs be , anybody help please ?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Feb 2017 23:39

What is it you are looking for?

Kath. x

gatelady

gatelady Report 3 Feb 2017 00:13

I am looking for Ministry Defence cover up for so many babies that have died at this hospital, Jennifer was my cousin !,

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Feb 2017 00:17

Perhaps because it's late and I am tired but I'm still not sure what sort of help you are looking for. Sorry if I am being thick.

Kath. x

gatelady

gatelady Report 3 Feb 2017 00:26

ok xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Feb 2017 10:46

Do you know if the pregnancy went to full term?

What makes you think of a cover up ?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Feb 2017 13:18

Do you have a copy of her DC, or are you looking for her medical records?
Her DC can be ordered through the GRO.

If you believe there was an enquiry/cover up, would a Freedom of Information (Act) request be appropriate? You might find it worthwhile getting legal advice if you took that route as you could get tangled up with the Official Secrets Act.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Feb 2017 13:23

Death reg in case you need to order a copy

First name(s) Jennifer
Last name Nunn
Age 0
Birth year 1964
Death year 1964
Year range 1964
Place DHEKELIA
Country Cyprus
Record source GRO Service Departments Death Indices (1956 to 1965)
Page (10)8

gatelady

gatelady Report 9 Feb 2017 23:12

Gwen , yes was full term, yes think was cover up, Jennifer was my first cousin, her living sister Mandie Nunn, now Brammer, has informed me that she went into google on the site DHekelia, and found that 300 babies died that same year !

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 10 Feb 2017 07:45

It was 300 babies during the early to mid 1960s- 56 babies died in 1964.

Article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/cyprus/8086181/British-government-investigates-300-mystery-baby-deaths-on-Cyprus.html

An investigation into the deaths was concluded in 2010:

http://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk

"The figures have been examined by an independent expert, who has advised that the mortality rates are not notably out of line with what might be expected in the conditions existing in Cyprus in the 1960s."

gatelady

gatelady Report 11 Feb 2017 00:59

Thank you all for the very helpful info, and for web site info, thank you all so much
:-)