Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

charles barker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Feb 2017 12:21

my grandad charles barker born 1905 served in the army i think my mum said this was the 2nd war i know he was stationed in eygpt for a few years he died in stratford east london in nov 1964 aged 57 how can i find out where he served and what he did thank you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Feb 2017 13:11

Military service records after 1922 are still with the MOD

This is the link for obtaining UK service records:
http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

They'd cost £30 to have a copy sent to you. There may be a wait of a number of months.

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Feb 2017 16:09

my grandad was in the army charles barker he was in eygpt for five yesrs hid daughter iris barker wife mabel can anyone help he was in the 2nd world war

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Feb 2017 16:14

As DetEcTive has already said, you can order his army records from the Ministry of Defence as WW2 records are not online. Use the link given above to find out how to order them. They will cost £30 and sometimes take several months to arrive. They should list all the places he served along with dates etc.

Kath. x

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 27 Feb 2017 14:52

Born in 1906:

1939 register:

Barker Household 44 Blyth Road , West Ham C.B., Essex, England

Charles Barker 29 Apr 1906 Male General Labourer Married
Mabel (F) Barker 15 Jul 1910 Female Sack And Bag Machinist Married
2 closed records

Iris and Brian are likely the closed records

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Feb 2017 18:35

thank you yeah iris was my mum and brian her brother that no one can find last i knew he was in harlow 3 sons x

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Feb 2017 18:51

can any one find my mums brothers children terry 1990 david and i think johnny harlow area father brian barker mother lilian

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 28 Feb 2017 06:34

Hello

I've sent you a private message about Brian's children- including their marriage details and latest addresses, and also links to facebook pages.

If there is anything you don't understand can you please reply by private message- we have to be careful not to give information of living people on a public board to protect their privacy.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2017 21:11

thank you so much x

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2017 23:17

i have contacted his children no reply all my mum wants to know is her brother still alive x

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2017 00:36

hi there can any one tell me what alec alfred bain birth 2nd march1913 died of death 1977 greenwich age 64 and his brother alan marshall bain 1917 died of and where they are buried thank you x

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 2 Mar 2017 06:44

Did you try writing to the 2011 address I sent you for Brian?

Have you written to the address I sent for his son David? The address I gave you is from the current electoral register.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 2 Mar 2017 06:51

You would need to order the death certificate to know what the cause of death was.

Name: Alec Alfred W Bain
Birth Date: 2 Mar 1913
Date of Registration: Dec 1977
Age at Death: 64
Registration district: Greenwich
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume: 12 Page: 0846

Name: Alan Marshall Bain
Birth Date: 5 Oct 1917
Date of Registration: Apr 1984
Age at Death: 66
Registration district: Ealing
Inferred County: London
Volume: 12 Page: 166

You can order certificates here (£9.25)

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2017 08:47

hi there i have wrote and faced book no answer yet but ill keep trying thanks x

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2017 18:28

hi can anyone help me patricia margaret smith born 17/03/1949 in bow mother margaret lilian smith father unknown pat was born in bow st andrews london

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Mar 2017 19:42

ellen jane bate my grandads wife lived at 13 lough street stratford e15