Quizzes and Games

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can you add to this without using any ‘e’s

Page 0 + 1 of 38

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 20 Jan 2013 08:26

If you want to add your bit all I ask is that you omit a particular non-consonant from all postings

I’m D, and I am from a county south of London. I own a small dog, am Mum to a young man of thirty plus, a granny and my hubby is a grumpy old man.
:-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jan 2013 13:10

I was born in a county in which Blackburn is found. I do not own a dog or a cat. I am an OAP . My son is not far short of fifty years old. My location now is south of Birmingham

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 20 Jan 2013 13:34

Thank you for adding, kind sir. This snow is a pain is it not?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Jan 2013 16:45

I am Happy for you both,but I want to think that snow is not a pain,as it is Photographically charming.and ,also proving difficult for budding golf fanatics,It looks as if golf is off for now.

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 20 Jan 2013 18:08

Photography is good fun. Plants, sky, a stormy coast, our dog in snow, photos of all I snap. How about you?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Jan 2013 18:55

Tobogganing is good if your local hill is working, snow drifts look ok,if your skis still fit you, skiing can fill daylight hours with fun.....as can hours in a pub at night,playing domino's or cards, sitting by a glowing log warming thing and supping a glass or two of an alcoholic distillation............

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 20 Jan 2013 19:12

Alcoholic distillations by a glowing wood burning thingy in a country pub sounds good to this maid. Watching barmaids pulling pints and mixing cocktails. Lots of good food and a group playing country music - bliss

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Jan 2013 21:53

looks as if it's a topic you and I might chat about,using a similar Khz

Django R and a violinist in a hot club du paris jazz club is good

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 21 Jan 2013 06:55

Morning all, its cold and icy
Django R sounds cool. bring him on man ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Jan 2013 19:19

Not many participants to this ...........looks as if its too difficult to find words without this particular non consonant

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Jan 2013 19:21

yoo cood of corst forgo using this thingy wordpart......

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 21 Jan 2013 19:35

Workout for brain - that's what this is Bobtanian, not all folk will want to join in though :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jan 2013 23:22

that, Bob, I would think, is this post's point. It's an illustration of how crucial a part of writing this 'non-consonant' normally is, and how difficult it is to do without it.

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 22 Jan 2013 16:42

It's hard to do, but that's why I find it fun :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jan 2013 20:01

Indubitably---comma, capital M,small r, full stop.capital R--full stop.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jan 2013 18:15

Poor visibility in this vicinity is limiting my ability to identify cloud formations, which is annoying, I must say

Ruby

Ruby Report 24 Jan 2013 18:38

Caught you Reggie - the word 'Identify', complete with an e

Ruby

Ruby Report 24 Jan 2013 18:45

Brilliant sun today in SC, but cold.

Physical activity class at our local pool was invigorating, with about thirty adults participating. Only two lucky guys among us - I think that both will join us again.

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 24 Jan 2013 18:56

Thank you folks for trying so hard, brain is hurting now thinking of things to add
Class at local pool sounds good Ruby :-)
To look at cloud formations a sky without fog is most important kind sir

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Jan 2013 00:10

Lots of posts ,bar 1,
that got it right!

Cloud causing bad visibilty spoils it for young star-gazing fans,a
main point of not buying a looking aid was a lack of good star-watching nights
which allows another point for a happy night in a pub with a pint or two, sitting around a log burning thingy,just chatting....