Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long lost family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 11 Apr 2012 19:06

In 2009 I had a telephone call from a cousin who said "If your not sitting down you should do so. You have a sister who lives in Australia and she is trying to find her long lost family"

I contacted her through Genes Reunited and she sent me a copy of her birth certificate which proved who she was.

I phoned my sister in the USA to break the news and she was shocked. It took a while to get used to the idea and accept it.

We have never met, but thanks to the internet we email regularly and would like to meet up sometime soon as she is now 80years old
:-)