Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reviewing a find living relatives post

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 21 May 2011 22:36

If a post is removed, please advise the original poster of the reason for removal.

Also, please do not take a long time reviewing it; one such has been awaiting review for about 11 hours so far, and this is not fair, in my opinion, on the poster.

jax

jax Report 21 May 2011 22:56

I requested review four days ago not heard anything from GR and the post is still there with the content removed

jax

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 21 May 2011 23:02

Genes reunited staff that deal with review of posts are supposed to be on call 24 / 7, so I understand.

The post that had been awaiting review for eleven hours disappeared soon after I posted this thread.

jax

jax Report 21 May 2011 23:03

They never told me they had removed one of my posts recently..not that it was abusive at all, but did inform me when they agreed that one I had reported was going to be removed.

The recent one I reported was on Tuesday...maybe they are on holiday?

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 May 2011 05:45

Never mind the poor staff, this is a multi-million dollar corporation.

Look at the posts on the Find Relatives board alone, the vast majority from brand new users who have obviously subscribed for that reason alone.

At $20 a pop or whatever the minimum is, that board could support a staff member single-handedly.

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 22 May 2011 06:08

When I have requested a review of a post I have always received an email of the decision.

On a different thread someone who has posted on the Find Living Relatives Board said that they had had several posts removed but had not been told why. If posters are not informed of the error in the way their request is written, ie too much personal information, then the cycle will perpetuate. This board deals with real people with real lives and the board needs to be private and moderated to protect all concerned. Brightsolid need to get their act together

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 May 2011 20:00

well, they have never had staff working from Friday 4 pm to Monday 8 am

maybe it's time that GR changed that policy?

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 22 May 2011 20:24

I totally agree Sylvia

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 May 2011 20:28

See my post in the other thread here -- I reported a post on livrel late last night Saturday my time, and it was gone when I looked this afternoon Sunday my time, i.e. it was deleted by Sunday morning (with an email to me confirming).

So yes, Virginias, there are staff working on wknds.

As with everything else, they just don't tell us in plain words what the situation is.

Heck, we might actually come to have expectations, if they did.

jax

jax Report 22 May 2011 20:58

The post I reported on the 17th still says "request review" there was also another but cannot remember what one it was now...but no emails from GR about either

jax

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 23 May 2011 08:34

Two such have been awaiting review for twelve hours, and these include date of birth visible for all on the internet!

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 25 May 2011 23:07

And another, posted in the success board in error, has been awaiting review for over nine hours.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 May 2011 23:10

This thread does kinda duplicate my earlier one ...

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1268810

where I've just mentioned reporting a post on the LR board for the THIRD time.

I guess that poster got some feedback and took it on board when the first two were deleted, eh?

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 25 May 2011 23:16

In other sites, the two similar threads would be merged :-)

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 May 2011 23:19

Exactly.

And posts on the wrong board would be moved to the right board ...

Yoo hoo, GenesReunited.

We're over here in the 21st century ... Join us when you're ready!

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 19 Apr 2013 13:12

"If a post is removed, please advise the original poster of the reason for removal."

Just interested to know if this has been actioned.