Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Posts requested for review

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 8 May 2012 19:59

It is concerning that reviews are taking several hours sometimes. Edited 21.1.2014: two days or more.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 10 May 2012 08:30

Even if the team that deals with reports has a minimal number of staff, reported posts should be resolved in less than 10 hours, in my opinion.

And, as you will be aware, I notified you of one recently that had been awaiting review for more than several months.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 12 May 2012 12:42

Needs a response

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 12 May 2012 12:53

I would have thought that this thread would have had a response from GR by now,

If Posts requested for review are not dealt with as a priority by GR?

Then i think it shows their lack of commitment to the site and it's members

or the cynical side of me thinks its because they have no automated response to the query? that states it probably your browser history and cookie's that are at fault

Roy

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 12 May 2012 12:55

Literally just received this message

Dear Maureen

You recently submitted a message board response added by ***** for review giving the reason Other.

We have taken a look at it and have decided that it can remain on our message boards, but we have edited it to conceal any personal information.

Kind Regards,

Genes Reunited Support Team

That took just over 12 hours to get a response

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 15 May 2012 11:46

This was mentioned nearly a year ago:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1269130

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 15 May 2012 22:33

Joy, I think that they are not interested in any of these suggestions on this board, i note that they are very selective on the threads they respond to,

As you pointed out it's nearly 1 year ago that this was talked about which would suggest they are not interested,

But i will say this, I RR'd a thread and got a reply from GR but was amazed to find that their email to me did not use the board name of the person who had been RR'd but referred to that member with their actual name, or at least the one they used to register with GR

Now that should not happen, GR are in breach of their own T&C plus possibly their privacy policy

Roy

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 May 2012 01:04

Roy ................

that very same thing happened to me ..................... except I was the one whose post had been RR'd.

I found out because the person who RR'd the post had done it in spite .............. one of his threads had been RR'd, so he reported me. I had had nothing to do with the original RR although I had posted on the thread, and had disagreed with him.

He was so proud of what he had done that he sent me a pm to tell me, AND included in it the email he'd got from GR. That email had one of my surnames in it, instead of my board name.

I had ticked (and always have had ticked) "Use Board Name for all communications" ..........

............... you may imagine the blast I sent to GR :-D

Privacy, T&C's, the lot!

They have now changed my account surname to "In Canada" because they said that was the only way to guarantee that a real name would not be used in future.

(my post was also reinstated, and the guy was told off :-D )

The other experience is very recent, in the last 3 days.

I reported a thread because of all the information showing, and got a similar response as GB, although they did not edit it ..............

--------
You recently submitted a message board response added by ***** for review giving the reason Other.

We have taken a look at it and have decided that it can remain on our message boards.

Kind Regards,

Genes Reunited Support Team

------

That response came in a little over 12 hours later.

But the thread opener then got mad at me and posted some very nasty objectionable things ........ at least I thought they were nasty and objectionable.

I reported that post giving detailed reason Other at about 3 am in the morning. The post had been removed by the time I came back on site at about 8 pm that same day ................ BUT I had not received an email from GR, and still have not.

So I have no idea what has gone on there. The thread is still there, but the thread opener has not posted in 2 days.

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 May 2012 01:07

Joy

there is still no-one around from about 4:30 pm on Friday to 8:30 am Monday morning (unless it is a holiday) ............... the post is removed immediately, and replaced with "this post is being reviewed" (or whatever the correct wording is .........

................... which is a GREAT advance on leaving the post still there!

but that stays for the whole weekend.

sylvia

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 18 May 2012 11:37

Roy, it seems to me that is correct and that, in the main, their time, and ours, has been wasted.

Sylvia, the "abuse team" is about at varying times of night and day 24/7, sometimes.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 23 May 2012 12:53

Waiting so far nearly 24 hours:
http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/general_chat/thread/1300544?d=asc

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 23 May 2012 23:14

And the thread to which my previous post referred was reinstated by GR, then later reported again and this time removed.

:-S :-S :-S

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 2 Jun 2012 09:17

Persies's post 1 Jun 2012 07:55 in http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1298742?d=desc that made several good points was requested for review many hours ago.

And sometimes there is no rhyme nor reason, as the saying goes, for the review, for instance http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/general_chat/thread/1301241

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Jun 2012 03:11

Joy posted .......

And sometimes there is no rhyme nor reason, as the saying goes, for the review, for instance http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/general_chat/thread/1301241

Thread no longer exists.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 3 Jun 2012 17:54

I sent a reply for review on the 1st June at 10.35 pm and still no response from the team

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Jun 2012 22:31

But the 1st June was Friday ................

nothing usually happens over the weekend,

PLUS I hear that Monday and Tuesday are "days off" as well ............ even though GR has not said whether they are taking both days off.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Jun 2012 23:14

Obviously someone from the Team is around today as one thread has been RR three times so far and put back twice

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jun 2012 12:16

Oh dear.

Still no reply from the Team about the post I sent for review on 1st June

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 13 Jul 2012 11:09

This http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1272794 has been waiting since June last year.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 27 Jul 2012 08:08

GR staff, I appreciate that you are busy. However, it is unfair keeping people waiting so long:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1304521