Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Community Manager

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Community

Community Advisor Report 10 Apr 2013 13:55

Hi Everyone,

I’m Natasha and I’ve worked at Genes for 2 ½ years and have a keen personal interest in family history. You may have met me before if you have visited one of the family history events we run throughout the year!

I wanted to let you know that I have recently taken on a new position within Genes Reunited as Community Manager. This is a brand new role, we have never had a Community Manager before, so this will be a learning process for us all. My main aim will be to make sure that people are getting the most out of the boards and the thriving online community Genes has to offer. I will be listening to your suggestions, and making recommendations to the Product team for new features and changes that apply to the boards.

I will not be acting as a full time moderator to the boards but I’ll be there to offer some extra support and guidance as to how the boards should be used. You should feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer your questions and queries when I can but please be patient as I will be fitting this role around other work I have. We still encourage people to contact customer support directly if they are having difficulties with the site or their account.

Looking forward to working with you all,

Natasha

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 12 Apr 2013 11:00

Phil Moir's Blog used to list technical updates but nothing has been added since last year.

I would like to see a list of all the new GR tree module's quirks/problems found by members and updates/ progress in solving / date fixed.

The ones I'm aware of
1. Clipboard facility with copy and paste
2. Seach for names does not work using full name. Only a search by surname which does throw up a list of the names for one to select.

It is not very helpful to wait for individual complaints and then reply technical team are looking into it.

Roy

Roy Report 12 Apr 2013 15:11

Hi Natasha,
I have just re-read your post, and it would appear your job is to sort the boards out. Pity.
What we need is somebody to sort the tree out. With all the complaints that have arisen it seems the production team is unable or unwilling to do anything to improve the situation to the satisfaction of the members.
The stereotyped answers from Lisa, Rachel, Nia, Ann-Marie and Alex S that we have a good idea and they will pass it on to those responsible for the tree, and the total lack of action or acknowledgement from said Tree wizards is very frustrating.

We are assured they do read the boards, but we never see them, or receive any comments from them on the boards, nor do we see any noticable changes to the tree, so we can only assume they are sitting around somewhere drinking tea and laughing uproariously at the suggestions passed on by the girls.

Now if you can put a rocket up their fundamental orifices it would be great, but I know Bonfire night & fireworks have been banned now in England. Oh for the good old days......

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 16 Apr 2013 11:02

Good morning Natasha:)

I wonder if you have seen the posts/threads regarding the ERROR MESSAGES??

Can you please tell everyone what is going on??

jude:)

Community

Community Advisor Report 17 Apr 2013 14:45

Thanks for the feedback NanaSue and Roy.
Jude - I've responded to your question on your Error topic on General Chat.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 17 Apr 2013 20:00

Sorry, but " Hi Jude - I'll pass that onto the Team. Thanks" is not really the answer members are looking for, given the length of time this has been happening.

Members have been reporting time out errors for well over a year but despite this, the problem keeps recurring.

The problem is clearly related to data volumes Those members who have large trees, lots of personal messages, or many postings on the boards are suffering, the very members who are he site's jewel in the crown.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 18 Apr 2013 09:30

Good morning Natasha:)

l have replied to your post on my thread and l don't use Favs etc to get into GR, l use an url and today a different one.

You have alot of peeps complaining and it seems its been going on for over a year!!!

jude :-D :-D :-D :-D<<<<<<<,grimace