Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

for those wanting to print trees .....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Jun 2013 18:53

GR has seemingly eased the problem for you ........... probably in response to all the suggestions made!

In case you have not seen it, there is a new announcement on the Announcement Board ..............

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/announcements/thread/1326350

Genes Advisor 14 Jun 2013 16:00

One of the most common questions we are asked is ‘how can I print my tree’? Well, you’ll be pleased to hear that we have been talking to a professional tree printing company called My History. They have been printing trees for over ten years and are all amateur genealogists themselves, so they know what they are talking about!

They are offering a 10% discount to anyone coming from the Genes Reunited site when you print your tree with them. Prices start from as little as £9.95.
Maybe you just want a print out of your ancestors? Or would you rather have the full tree? There’s a wide choice of charts to choose from and different styles. There definitely is something to suit everyone.

To take advantage of this great offer all you need to do is follow these easy steps:
1). Go to the dedicated Genes tree printing page at My History - http://www.my-history.co.uk/acatalog/Genes-Reunited-Family-Tree-Printing.html#SID=846

2). Send My History a copy of your tree, which you can export from Genes Reunited as a gedcom file

3). Select the type of chart you’d like

4). Place your order

5). Your printed tree will be securely wrapped in a tube and delivered to your door.

If you are unsure of how to export your gedcom, please email [email protected] and someone will be happy to help you.

We hope you enjoy this new service.

The Genes Team

--------------------

what about Ron??????

Many members have had a close relationship with Ron and his company over the years.

NOTE:- also posted on General and Genealogy Chat Boards, for information.

Joy

Joy Report 14 Jun 2013 21:22

http://www.genealogyprinters.com/catalog/index.php

"Welcome to Genealogy Printers!
The Number One family tree printing company in the U.K. .............
...... we are a member of Genes Reunited ® we are registered with them ............
......................... Our company was chosen to print the Family Trees shown on the B.B.C. television Family History programs, "Who do you think you are" and "Family Ties" and the Welsh T.V. series, "Coming Home"."

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Jun 2013 23:11

Stephen ............

that is if YOU try to print it from GR using your own printer, etc ..........................

and that problem is the cause of the announcement that GR have contracted with a company to offer a cheaper deal for the COMPANY to print it out for you.

It's nothing to do with me ................. I'm just trying to ensure that other members see the notice, as many people do not look on the Announcements Board.

Members have been using Ron's Genealogy Printers for many years!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Jun 2013 10:22

I've also put this on the Genealogy chat thread:-

Ron & his wife go to many of the Family History fairs.
They are both lovely people and it is worth finding their stall as they also sell many useful leaflets.
Ron usually posts when there is a fair coming up.

Barry

Barry Report 15 Jun 2013 11:40

What happened to the "swanky new print feature" which GR said "It shouldn't take too long " many many months ago
Have they thrown in the towel now that they made arrangements for discounted priced trees printed for GR members by an outside company
I have never had a satisfactory answer from GR as to why a perfectly good,easy to use tree was withdrawn in the first place

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 15 Jun 2013 14:47

This announcement by GR is a real slap in the face for Ron and Genealogy Printers.

He is a great chap, the work is excellent.

I know who I would use in the future (again). And it ain't the company GR are promoting.

Surely that is against their own T & C's.

We who pay their wages are not allowed to tell others on here about the other Genealogy sites (some mediocre, some excellent) so why can they promote another business???

Oh I know - its do as I say not do as I do!!!!! :-P