Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trees showing Hidden when they are not?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 5 Jan 2015 20:04

Having gained access to a relatives tree - nearly all the names and dates, info, are marked as hidden!!!
Hate the new board :-( :-0 :-(

Jenny

Jenny Report 5 Jan 2015 20:09

Why are relatives in my tree non existant according to searches? This is where I got them from! Search for you relatives eg Grandmother - does no exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kense

Kense Report 5 Jan 2015 21:20

The hidden information problem is because those people may still be living and the tree owner has set the Hide Living Relatives marker. That also happened with the old tree.

The search does not include people in your own tree. It is assumed you know them. You can select This Tree if you need to find them when you are using your tree..

Jenny

Jenny Report 5 Jan 2015 21:52

My contacts say that they have no hidden info!

Is it just me?

Thank you

Kense

Kense Report 6 Jan 2015 09:13

Have your contacts checked their account information.

Click on ACCOUNT and scroll down.
The last box (Hide living relations) should be set to No on the contacts account for you to see anyone born in the last 120 years for whom a death date is not given.

I am not sure but I think it is defaulted to Yes, so your contacts may not realise that the data is hidden to you

Jenny

Jenny Report 6 Jan 2015 10:51

Hands up - I can't even find "my account". Would you be kind enough to talk me through?

Jenny

Jenny Report 6 Jan 2015 10:55

Cancel that Ken! Found and mine set to no - will contact several of the people who have provided permission and inform them.
Thank you

Kense

Kense Report 6 Jan 2015 14:36

If it turns out that they have it set to No then there must be a fault somewhere.

If so then contact GR at [email protected]

jax

jax Report 7 Jan 2015 18:55

If you search the trees for someone in your tree, including yourself or anyone long dead...you will not find anything

Anyone else who searches for these names will see them even if you have them as hidden

Jenny

Jenny Report 19 Jan 2015 10:41

Thank you all for your help
Jenny