Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No Easy Way to Contact

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 May 2015 18:56

I have given up on finding a way to report two errors so I thought I'd put the info here.

Searching for West Derby (district of Liverpool, Lancashire) records of my family, I came across two (but there may be more) entered in the West Derby (Liverpool) records on the Genes site.

Dora Hesketh
born 1920 Q3, Shardlow, DERBYSHIRE
mmn Creswell

George Hesketh
born 1922 Q2, Shardlow, DERBYSHIRE
mmn Creswell.

I have asked before whether Genes could amalgamate the West Derby, Liverpool births into simply Liverpool births, giving the district ast West Derby. It would save searching both West Derby and Liverpool births which takes much longer.

Also, I have seen family trees which have assumed West Derby is Derbyshire - easily done if one is in a hurry and is not familiar with UK districts.

I hope something can be done to enable only one search to cover West Derby and Liverpool

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 May 2015 04:03

JoyLouise

yes, it is hard to find out how to contact GR

you can screen all the way to the very top. Click on Help. To the left of the screen is a box, and the top item in the box is Contact Us

or the best way is to use their email address, and the way most of us contact them ....

[email protected]

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 May 2015 23:35

Many thanks.

I had tried the help button, contact us route but up popped frequently asked questions and a list of things to click that seemed to have no connection with my comments above.

However, I think that the email address you've given me seems the easiest route.

Thank you.