Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reporting of posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 12 May 2015 13:58

This has been mentioned many times over the years that reporting a post should not be anonymous but shows the name of the member reporting it

If they want to remain anonymous then surely they can report it direct to the support team.

This would stop the vicious reporting that some members have had to suffer which has had nothing to do with the post content.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 May 2015 17:18

Yes, it might stop the vicious or personal RR'ing that many of us have suffered

I just think that it may also result in barracking and attempts to chase off the site someone who has reported for "reason" a post that others think should be left.

To me "for reason" reporting would be for posts that are homophobic, racist, insultingly sexist, denigrating, or inciting personal attacks on another member.

Kense

Kense Report 18 May 2015 14:39

Isn't it the case that you don't have to be a member to report a post?

I seem to remember someone posting that as it is a public forum, anyone must have the right to report content.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 May 2015 00:43

Ken .....

I also remember someone saying that ........

........ and it is true, because someone else signed out of GR, and was able to report one of her own posts

Graham

Graham Report 25 May 2015 11:58

I just signed out and then tried reporting one of my posts. I got asked to log in. :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 May 2015 19:41

Graham

I think you have to do it from a different server or email address

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 8 Jun 2015 17:12

Originally it was possible to see who had lodged the report but the system was changed some years ago allow the reporter to remain anonymous.

This was done after complaints of reporters being victimised and abused by other members.