Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions
Complete FAQ Listing
- I need an instant password reminder/ I can't login
- How do I print my tree?
- How do I delete my tree?
- How do I view trees that have been shared with me?
- How do I stop my subscription/ renewal payment before it is due?
- How much are pay-per-view credits?
- What is the Keepsafe?
- Where are my Hot Matches?
- Why isn't the clipboard working?
- How do I import or export a gedcom file?
- How do I get a password reminder?
- Trouble signing in/ login details not accepted
- I have multiple registrations with my email address, do I need to do anything?
- Why can't I create another membership with my email address?
- How do I update my details?
- Please remove me from your mailing list
- I want to delete my registration
- I seem to have more than one registration
- How do I update my message board profile?
- How do I make the text bigger or smaller on my screen?
- Online safety
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- How do I cancel my subscription/ renewal payment before it is due?
- How do I change the card I pay with?
- When will you renew my subscription?
- Why has my renewal payment failed?
- I would like a refund of the payment that I made
- I want to change my subscription
- I'd like to pay by cheque
- What is the Keepsafe?
- What can I add to my Keepsafe?
- How do I add something to my Keepsafe?
- What file types do you accept?
- What are My Folders?
- What are edit, attach and move?
- How do I attach an item to someone in my tree?
- How do I share an item with another member?
- How do I search the photos and media?
- Can I add someone else’s item to my Keepsafe?
- Can I add records to my Keepsafe?
- What happens when I attach an item to a relative?
- The image I want to see is blurred.
- Can I print out items from my Keepsafe?
- How do I print out my family tree?
- Why can't I see all of my shared trees on my dashboard?
- Why can't I see the 'Save' tab on my details panel?
- Why am I returned to the root person when I search for a name in my tree?
- How do I add a name to my tree?
- How do I save changes after I've added a relation or amended their details?
- How do I edit details already in my tree?
- How do I remove someone from my tree?
- How do I change the parents of someone in my tree?
- How do I change my root person/tree owner?
- Where are my relation's photos and notes?
- How do I view other trees?
- How can I view the records I've attached to my relations?
- What is the List view?
- Deleting your Family Tree
- Building your Family Tree
- Viewing your Family Tree
- Printable Charts
- Living relatives
- Privatising your Family Tree
- Tree permissions
- Which Census records do you have?
- Searching all records - NEW!
- Where are the Parish records? NEW!
- Scottish Census records
- Which BMD records do you have?
- Which Military records do you have?
- Which Parish records do you have?
- Which British Newspapers do you have?
- Which Travel and Migration records do you have?
- British Newspaper Archive
- Scottish and Irish records
- Using the Birth/Marriage/Death records - UPDATED
- Attaching and removing census images
- Automatic matching
- How much do records cost?
- Ordering certificates
- What are the Electoral Roll records?
- 1871 census information for Wales
- Saving the records
- Reporting errors with records
- Searching the census - UPDATED
How can I pay?
You can choose to subscribe to our site by clicking on the 'Subscribe' link at the top of your homepage. You can pay in several different ways which are all outlined below:
You can subscribe online using a credit or debit card. We use Datacash as our online payment company and they use the latest encryption technology with their secure servers so you can rest assured your card details are safe. Once you have entered your card details and paid, we will send you an email receipt and the subscription will be instant.
If you would prefer to pay by post, we are happy to accept sterling cheques, postal orders or international money orders made payable to Genes Reunited Limited at our postal address. By clicking on the 'subscribe' link you'll see the different subscription options and you can choose which one would suit you best.
Please note we can only accept cheque payments for full subscriptions. We can’t accept cheques for discounted amounts and promotional offers.
If you’d like to pay by cheque then please send your cheque to the following address:
Genes Reunited Accounts,
Dundee DD2 1TP
(Please note that this address is for cheque payments only and no other correspondence should be sent here).
Please write on the back of the cheque or money order Genes Reunited, your name and the email address used to register with Genes Reunited.
If you live in Australia you can also pay by cheque. Please enclose a cheque or money order made payable to Brightsolid Online Publishing Australasia P/L. Please write your email address on the back of the cheque together with your name and address. Without this information we cannot process your subscription. New Zealand and South Africa customers, please send an International money order or bank cheque in Australian dollars only to the following address:
PO Box 101
Stanhope Gardens NSW 2768
We will send you a receipt when your payment has been processed.
If you would like to pay using PayPal then click on the PayPal logo on the payment page and follow the on screen instructions. As we take a payment instantly then your PayPal account must be linked to a bank account.
Download our eBook
Whether you're new to family history or you've been researching your tree for some time, download our free eBook for hint and tips on how to get the best out of Genes Reunited.
Trace your living relatives
Whether you want to trace living relatives, plan a reunion or find out how to use Genes Reunited to find family links, download our guide for more information.
Build your family tree
You can build your family tree for free so be sure to add as many names as you can. Contact other members who have added the same names as you and watch your tree grow.
New Scottish Records
Do you have Scottish ancestors?
Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.