Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions
Complete FAQ Listing
- I need an instant password reminder/ I can't login
- How do I print my tree?
- How do I stop my subscription/ renewal payment before it is due?
- How Do I Delete My Tree?
- How do I view trees that have been shared with me?
- How much are pay-per-view credits?
- What is the Keepsafe?
- Where are my Hot Matches?
- How do I import or export a gedcom file?
- What subscriptions do you offer?
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- How Can I Take Out A Free Trial?
- I DON'T WANT TO RENEW my subscription - how do I cancel it?
- Will I Be Charged Anything For The Free Trial?
- How do I change the card I pay with?
- When will you renew my subscription?
- Why has my renewal payment failed?
- I want to change my subscription
- I would like a refund of the payment that I made
- What is Gifting?
- How do I redeem a gift voucher?
- How do I print out my family tree?
- Why can't I see the 'Save' tab on my details panel?
- How do I add a name to my tree?
- How do I edit details already in my tree?
- How do I view other trees?
- Why can't I see all of my shared trees on my dashboard?
- How do I remove someone from my tree?
- How do I change the parents of someone in my tree?
- How do I change my root person/tree owner?
- Where are my relation's photos and notes?
- Exporting Gedcoms
- Importing Gedcoms
- What are Relative Profiles?
- What is the List view?
- How do I upload a photo to my tree?
- Deleting your Family Tree
- Building your Family Tree
- Viewing your Family Tree
- Printable Charts
- Living relatives
- Privatising your Family Tree
- Which Census records do you have?
- Which BMD records do you have?
- Which British Newspapers do you have?
- How much do records cost?
- Where are the Parish records?
- Which Military records do you have?
- Which Parish records do you have?
- Which Travel and Migration records do you have?
- British Newspaper Archive
- Scottish and Irish records
- Using the Birth/Marriage/Death records - UPDATED
- Ordering certificates
- What are the Electoral Roll records?
- Saving the records
- Reporting errors with records
- Searching the census - UPDATED
- How do I get a password reminder?
- Trouble signing in/ login details not accepted
- I want to delete my registration
- I have a new email address - how do I update my membership?
- I seem to have more than one registration
- I have multiple registrations with my email address, do I need to do anything?
- Please remove me from your mailing list
- How do I update my message board profile?
- How do I make the text bigger or smaller on my screen?
- Online safety
Trouble signing in/ login details not accepted
If you are having problems signing in to your membership and seem to be stuck in a loop, you probably just need to clear the cached pages stored on your PC. You can then try logging in again. Don't worry, it is not as complicated to clear them as it sounds.
However, this process does differ according to which type of internet browser you are using, i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome. Here are instructions for the most common browsers.
Internet Explorer 8: click on Tools, select 'delete browsing history' and then tick the 'temporary internet files' box and click delete.
Internet Explorer 9: click on the cog icon in the top right hand corner, select Safety and then 'delete browsing history'. Tick the 'temporary internet files' box and click delete.
Mozilla Firefox: click on Firefox in the top left hand corner. Select the arrow next to History and then click on 'Clear Recent History'.
Google Chrome v.1-9: click on the wrench in the top right hand corner. Click on options then Under the Bonnet and select 'Clear Browsing Data'. Select ' Empty the cache' and click on the 'clear browsing data' button.
Google Chrome v.10: click on the menu icon in the top right hand corner. At the bottom click on 'Show advanced settings'. Scroll down to Privacy and click on 'Clear Browsing Data'. Tick the box next to 'emtpy the cache' and then click on the 'clear browsing data button'.
For instructions on how to clear the cache for other internet browsers please click here.
It may help if you reset your password, you can instantly reset your password by visiting this page.
Download our eBook
Whether you're new to family history or you've been researching your tree for some time, download our free eBook for hint and tips on how to get the best out of Genes Reunited.
Trace your living relatives
Whether you want to trace living relatives, plan a reunion or find out how to use Genes Reunited to find family links, download our guide for more information.
Build your family tree
You can build your family tree for free so be sure to add as many names as you can. Contact other members who have added the same names as you and watch your tree grow.