Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

podesta

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Apr 2008 11:42

looking for the wife of john podesta born 07.07.1821 born in Genoa Italy i know they had 4 children angela born in 1855 new port gwent joesphine was born in 1857 john 1860 and ambrose born in 1868 all born in gwent i know angela was a milner but have info on the others the mothers name was sarah but have no surname for her ? would be gratefull if some one could do a look up for me
thanks

Angela

Angela Report 22 Apr 2008 11:45

What area do you think they were married?

The county if poss.

Angi

Angela

Angela Report 22 Apr 2008 11:53

Hi,

Have found a marriage for John Podesta in 1844, Jan/Feb/Mar Quarter. There is only 1 Sarah on the same page.

Sarah Fitzpatrick.

It was registered at District: Liverpool (1837-1934)
County: Lancashire

Could be her? I think you need to look into it first though!!

Angi

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Apr 2008 11:59

hi that does sound familar

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Apr 2008 16:30

ok ive been looking and ive found a sarah jenkins born in clamorgan but ive tryed to look up marraige to confirm it and iam not getting anywhere can u double check for me the marraige would have been in 1838 i would glamorgan

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Apr 2008 17:17

thanks reggie nt sure if sarah was a second wife it had me wondering , i came across some more podestas while i was searching and not sure where these tallie in catherine e podesta emanuel j joe lazarus rose and zuchotte now i think lazarus was the cusin of john ?

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Apr 2008 17:24

small question reggie i thougth they married in 1838 and u say you found she was born in 183something hahahahah erm erm

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Apr 2008 17:38

i think john had a brother born 10 yrs after him in 1830 i wonder if any of these people belonged to him

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Apr 2008 17:57

ok reggie thanks better get my calculater out terrible with dates i think i was going with his date of 1821 lol

John

John Report 19 Aug 2019 05:46

Erika,
My great grandfather Nicholas (Nichola) Podesta was born in Albaro,Genoa, Italy in 1850 and cames to England in the early 1860 age 12. I haven't been able to find any passenger list to find out who he came with but he would not have come without his parents is my guess, his father Giuseppe and mother would have come with him. He lived in Glamorgan and moved around Southampton till he and his wife Mary Gill had six kids living at 6 Simnel street in Dorset. when all the kids had to be put in a home in 1891 Nicholas moved on and on his second marriage in 1898 he stated his father was name Joe Podesta, a Mason by trade. The name we know means Joseph or Giuseppe. I have all the army call up from just Genoa in that part of Italy with all those named Podesta so if you want me to checked for you please contact me on.
[email protected]

John

John Report 19 Aug 2019 05:54

Erika,
My great grandfather Nicholas (Nichola) Podesta was born in Albaro,Genoa, Italy in 1850 and cames to England in the early 1860 age 12. I haven't been able to find any passenger list to find out who he came with but he would not have come without his parents is my guess, his father Giuseppe and mother would have come with him. He lived in Glamorgan and moved around Southampton till he and his wife Mary Gill had six kids living at 6 Simnel street in Dorset. when all the kids had to be put in a home in 1891 Nicholas moved on and on his second marriage in 1898 he stated his father was name Joe Podesta, a Mason by trade. The name we know means Joseph or Giuseppe. I have all the army call up from just Genoa in that part of Italy with all those named Podesta so if you want me to checked for you please contact me on.
[email protected]

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Aug 2019 07:56

John,

This is a very old thread you have added to (11 years old), so I doubt people are still checking for replies.

Try clicking on the original posters name and send a message. If she still has the same email address that she registered with Genes then she will be notified that she has a message from you.

Please remove your email address as it is against the terms and conditions of the site.

Kath. x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Aug 2019 13:45

John's own thread about this family:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1379092