Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elizabeth Clarke nee Gilligan later Gilban

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colette

Colette Report 28 Jul 2019 23:43

Elizabeth Gilligan was born in Moate, Co. Westmeath in March 1899. She married Paul Clarke, from Co. Armagh in 1920 and they went their separate ways in 1930. My father was their eldest child.
Elizabeth went to England and had another child there whose name was Thomas Gilban - I know this through DNA as I have met with Thomas's daughter. Thomas was born in Surrey in 1934 and brought up in an orphanage.
Is there anyone out there who knows of Elizabeth? If yes, I would love to hear from you.

malyon

malyon Report 29 Jul 2019 00:06

i dont think any one would be a live now who knew elizabeth

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Jul 2019 07:50

The Thomas Gilban who was born in 1934 in Surrey had a mother whose maiden name was Harvey. Was Gilban just a mistranscription of the name Gilligan? Where did the Harvey come from?

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Jul 2019 08:08

If she was still married to Mr Clarke then there won’t be a further marriage record

What does the birth cert for Thomas say about his parentage

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Jul 2019 08:14

Several trees on ancestry have this

Elizabeth Gilligan
Spouse
Paul Clarke
Father
James Gilligan
Mother
Anne Gilligan
Children
John Joseph
Birth
20/03/1899 Westmeath Ireland
Death
18/04/2007 Thanet Kent England
Residence
Ballanchurnay

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Jul 2019 08:24

England and Wales, Death Index, 2007-2017 No Image

Name: Mr Thomas Joseph Gilban
Birth Date: 1934
Death Date: 18 Apr 2007
Last Residence: Dartford, Kent, England
Postal Code District: Da1
Save Cancel

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Jul 2019 13:14

Gilligan James 44 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Moate Westmeath Farmer and Labourer Read and write English Married - 19 6 5
Gilligan Anne 38 Female Wife Roman Catholic Kings Co - Read Only English Married - 19 6 5
Gilligan Kate 18 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath - Read and write English Single - - - -
Gilligan Mary 16 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath Scholar Read and write Irish and English Single - - - -
Gilligan Bridget 14 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath Scholar Read and write Irish and English Single - - - -
Gilligan Elizabeth 11 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath Scholar Read and write Irish and English Single - - - -
Gilligan James 9 Male Son Roman Catholic Westmeath Scholar Read and write English Single

Your first stop should be 'search all member trees' for the names above.

Residents of a house 5 in Fearmore (Moate, Westmeath)
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
Gilligan James 35 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Westmeath Agricultural Labourer Read and write - Married -
Gilligan Anne 33 Female Wife Roman Catholic Westmeath - Read and write - Married -
Gilligan Kate 9 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath Scholar Read and write - Not Married -
Gilligan Mary 6 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath Scholar Cannot read - Not Married -
Gilligan Bridget 4 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath - Cannot read - Not Married -
Gilligan Lizzie 2 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath - Cannot read - Not Married