Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 5 Sep 2019 19:38

Hi All is there any easy way to see who was living or staying at 14 Haycroft Street Grimsby in 1939?

Have lost track of a relation plus would it say on a birth certificate if they had been
adopted

Any help would be appreciated

greyghost

greyghost Report 5 Sep 2019 19:45

Robert E Wilson's life in 1939
14 Haycroft Street, Grimsby C.B., Lincolnshire (Parts of Lindsey), England

First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Robert E Wilson 03 Feb 1875 Male Brewers Drayman Heavy Worker Married 52 1
Elizabeth A Wilson 22 Jun 1878 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 52 2
Mabel Pollington (Wilson) 21 Aug 1912 Female Domestic Unemployed Single 52 3
Leslie Wilson 01 Jun 1915 Male Cake Oven Labourer Heavy Worker Single 52 4

The record for this person is officially closed. Can I get around this?

Ref: RG101/6403I/005/24 Letter Code: TKAR

? The closed record could possibly be for a younger child of the couple who may still be alive or whose death has not been found.

Simon

Simon Report 5 Sep 2019 20:06

Greyghost OMG I think you may have just found my mothers half sister, is there anyway of finding this detail out as one of the names is the parent of my mothers half sister

Thank you so much for this info :-D :-D

safc

safc Report 5 Sep 2019 20:30

Baptism entry While we have made all efforts to correctly record the information in the original document there may be different interpretations of the written words. If you have access to the original document and believe we have made a mistake you are encouraged to report this to us. Report an Error in this Data Field
(only fields with a value are shown) Value
County Lincolnshire
Place Grimsby
Church name St Hugh
Register type Unspecified
Register entry number 46
Birth date 21 Aug 1912
Baptism date 06 Sep 1912
Person forename Mabel
Person sex F
Father forename Robert Edwin
Mother forename Elizabeth Ann
Father surname WILSON
Person abode 14 Haycroft St
Father occupation Labourer
Transcribed by Mick Claxton
File line number 46

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Sep 2019 21:00

background here in prev post

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1379192?page=1

Simon does that mean you have rec the birth cert?

Simon

Simon Report 5 Sep 2019 21:54

Hi Rambling appologies didn't know I could continue on an older post sorry. Yes I got certificate today and it cleared up so much but posed other problems. Surname is Wilson there was some amendment details on the certificate regarding mothers surname. Very high probability that the father and his family brought her up. Her father died in Scunthorpe in 2000. There was a marriage in Scunthorpe 1964 I am now following that up as she may still be alive

There are two members on GR with a possible match for the father. I have asked if there is any connection

Can a post be closed to save confusion ?

Regards Simon

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Sep 2019 22:06

No it's ok Simon you can leave the other post it won't hurt as anyone who needs to, can see the link here, and the other one will just drop down the page naturally.

For the future when you need to return to a post you can go to "my threads" under "Tools" in the menu to the left and get to all your threads :-)

Looking very hopeful, good luck!

Simon

Simon Report 5 Sep 2019 22:15

Thank you, this is such an amazing group finally piecing my family together. my family tree has more branches than network rail lol

:-D :-D

Simon

Simon Report 7 Sep 2019 16:27

Hi Rambling is there a way of finding out if a child was adopted after there birth was registered ie between from a few weeks old to the age of two ? I found another half brother of the lady I am searching for but he knows nothing about her at all

So lost as where to go now
:-(

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Sep 2019 16:58

Simon, I don't think so, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Some registrations you will see an 'S' by the name which usually means an adoption , which could be an adoption by new spouse of mother, this from a query to the GRO explains

"the letter ‘s’ denotes that the particular entry,
which appears in the index , has been ‘superseded’. Entries may be
superseded for a number of reasons such as the birth has been
re-registered (often to include the father’s details) or a correction has
taken place or as in this case a further entry has been made
following an adoption."

There is no 's' by the name in this case but it wasn't always used anyway, so that doesn't help.

It does look likely she was adopted out, so the contact register is still your best bet . Unless you can work out from extended family if there is anyone who might have taken her in.

Simon

Simon Report 7 Sep 2019 17:50

Hi definitely no "s" piecing things together none of the family appear to have taken her on. what and where is the contact registry how do use it ?

Thank you

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Sep 2019 18:08

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Scroll down the page and look also at "intermediary agencies".

Simon

Simon Report 7 Sep 2019 19:37

Thank you <3 :-D