Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harold James Jenkins 1939 lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 1 Feb 2020 11:03

Am looking for Harold James Jenkins born Monmouthshire, 1917, who married Eileen Marie/Ellen Mary Startup (DOB 28 May 1915) in December 1939. Vol 11a Page 2495

Cant find him in the 1939 register.

Have found Eileen on the 1939 register living at Radnor House, Gelligaer, Glamorganshire. with her Mother Florence. I know for sure this is the right one.

Also found their marriage banns stating that Harold was living in the parish of Greenford, Ealing London, and Eileen was living in the parish of Bargoed, Wales.

Banns were read Dec 3rd, 10th and 17th, although it also says the marriage took place on the 12th Dec, in Greenford, on one record and in East Glamorgan on another record. I am not really to worried about this part, because I think I am going to have to order the marriage certificate, but I would like to know where Harold was at the time of his marriage. Have looked at London Electoral records, found quite a few possibilities, checked on Ancestry and FMP.

I would be grateful if you could find him on the 1939 register for me, but please dont waste too much of your time on it, I have what I think is his death record which shows his DOB as 11 May 1917 and DOD reg June 2000.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2020 11:05

Odds are he was in the forces, and won't show on the 1939 register

Marriage cert would confirm - or otherwise

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2020 11:07

No doubt about where they married

Marriages Dec 1939 (>99%)
Jenkins Harold J Startup E.Glamorgan 11a 2495
Startup Eileen M Jenkins E.Glamorgan 11a 2495

Deborah

Deborah Report 1 Feb 2020 11:11

I did look at military, think I will just have to order the certificate. Thanks Erika.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2020 11:24

No military records online after 1920

Deborah

Deborah Report 1 Feb 2020 11:31

Forgot that, was thinking of WW1. Thanks Erika, will order marriage certificate, appreciate your time.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2020 11:31

Any time :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2020 11:36

Just checked 1939

He is listed as James H

Deborah

Deborah Report 1 Feb 2020 11:41

Do you have an address?

Deborah

Deborah Report 1 Feb 2020 11:47