Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Buying cert's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 1 Feb 2020 23:51

Hi all, could you tell me the phone number to ring to buy a certificate over the phone, I have the page & vol number, its for a 1928 birth.
I did used to send off through the post years ago but hopeing to get this one quick.
Thank you.
Jackie.

malyon

malyon Report 2 Feb 2020 00:15

this might help there is a phone number

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/contact_us.asp

You can contact us by telephone on +44 (0)300 123 1837 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. Saturday 9am to 4pm). Calls to 0300 numbers cost no more that calls to UK numbers starting 01 and 02 and should be part of any inclusive minutes that apply to your provider and call package. Please note your call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Feb 2020 00:28

Thank you very much, will have a go monday, I'm so out of touch as haven't done any serious researching for so long, thanks.
Jackie

malyon

malyon Report 2 Feb 2020 00:36

glad to help if you want any details of who your looking for please ask

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Feb 2020 00:42

You can also order online, and pay slightly less :-) ....................

Go to the GRO site ....

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Click on Order Certificates.

You have to register but it is free, so scroll down to Register or Login

Then click on Place an Order

It costs £11 if you order online, vs £15 by phone or mail for Standard service

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Feb 2020 01:51

Thank you both, I have ordered my cert online now & was easier than I thought.
Can't believe two ladies with same date of birth & same full name & same fathers name, so now had to buy the second cert.