Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Half brother and sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jamie

Jamie Report 4 Sep 2009 23:25

Hi, I hope somebody can help please. I am trying to find my half brother and sister who were put up for adoption before I was born. My father David Tomkins had to put them up for adoption due to private and complicated matters. They were born in hereford. Their names were Imogen and Lee Farrell. Their mother was called Fiona Farrell. Lee was born in 1977 and Imogen in 1976.

As far as i know they moved to Kidderminster upon adoption and that is their last known whereabouts. I am unsure if they have changed their names and have no idea or way to know how to find them. If anyone can help i will really appreciate it. thanks.

Jamie

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Sep 2009 04:42

Jamie,

You might want to put their names in your tree. That way, someone might spot them.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Sep 2009 04:45

Their births are registered under Tomkins not Farrell. Fiona and your dad were married before they were born.

Rose

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2009 08:52

Jamie, their births are there under Tomkins as Rose says, but can't see any marriages - if adopted they will have changed their names. Have you tried social services, they will be able to advise you.
Jan

Jamie

Jamie Report 5 Sep 2009 09:35

Sorry you are absolutely right, I pulled their birth records off a few months ago and was looking at the information wrong :P

I will put them in my tree as suggested and will try contacting social services this monday and will let you know how i get on.

Thank you both :)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2009 09:38

Good luck Jamie!
Jan

Lee

Lee Report 19 Nov 2017 00:51

Hi Jamie its your brother Lee-my number is 0776379919-hope you and dad are well-we got a lot of catching up to do pal-hopefully we speak soon my friend xx surname Chalmers-used to be Tomkin's until me and Imogen were adopted. Sorry it took so long to find each other pal- hope you and the family are well xx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Nov 2017 01:09

Welcome to the Boards and GR, Lee.

As Jamie may not be checking this thread after so many years, best to send him a personal message by clicking on his name. Hopefully he is still using the linked email address and be able to reply.

In the meantime, its best if you edit your post to remove your mobile number. These boards can be read by anyone. You might end up with prank calls. :-0

As Lee is a new member, PM sent to him in case he doesn't realise how the system works.