Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

deleting an ancestor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

paphosdave

paphosdave Report 21 Jan 2017 17:23

I have put an ancestor in the wrong place. He has a wife and son. I have managed to delete the son but cannot delete the wife or ancestor to enable me to place him in the correct position. How do I do this please? :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Jan 2017 19:12

Technically you are supposed to delete either from the top down or from the bottom up until you get to the wrongly placed person.

It might be easier to just change his name to 'wrong person' and add him where he should be. Alternatively you could ask Genes if they will do it for you.

[email protected]

They work office hours Mon-Fri and aim to reply within 3 working days

paphosdave

paphosdave Report 31 Aug 2017 11:59

Hi, Detective, I sincerely hope that I replied to your answer, though I can find nothing here. If I didn't, please accept my apologies. I used your suggestion and it worked. Thank you again.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Aug 2017 14:14

Glad it worked for you, Dave.