Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nigg Parish Church Kincardine

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 26 Jun 2019 14:12

I wonder if someone can help me with this. my Grandparents were married on the 20th October 1920 in Nigg Parish Church. I have the marriage certificate which says in the County of Kincardine and the Banns which states the address as 226 Victoria Road. I do not seem able to locate exactly where the Church is. My Grandmother was Helen Melrose and my Grandfather was Nicholas Fitzgerald De Ros.

Thank you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jun 2019 14:19

I simply googled and found....................

http://www.scottishchurches.org.uk/sites/site/id/3958/name/Nigg+Parish+Church+Nigg+%28Aberdeen+City%29+Grampian

Christine

Christine Report 26 Jun 2019 14:35

Thank you. I think I went wrong in adding the Victoria Road Address. Such a pity it is boarded up but still worth a visit at some point. Thank you again

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jun 2019 17:34

If you're looking for it on Google Maps, the road is called Nigg Kirk Road.