Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sill born babies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 17 Nov 2019 05:17

Evidently records are made of all stillborn babies, are they available on line to be seen by the general public. If not who would would I need to contact for information.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Nov 2019 09:10

No they are not online

Believe they are only accessible by the gro staff but a parent can apply for a copy of the registration

It started in 1927

987,000 results (0.39 seconds)
Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
1st July 1927
Unfortunately, until the Births and Deaths Registration Act of 1926 made stillbirths registerable from 1st July 1927, the only regulation that existed was the 1874 requirement for a declaration of stillbirth to be obtained, so that a child who had been born alive but died a short time afterwards could not be buried as ...
Stillbirth - F

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Nov 2019 10:10

The siblings of a stillborn baby can also apply if the parents are deceased. You apply to the GRO in Southport. See below:-

Obtaining Stillbirth Certificates
Due to the sensitive nature of stillbirth registrations, the procedure for ordering a certificate of the entry differs from other types of certificate. The GRO will only send out the application form after having been contacted by phone or in writing by the mother or father (if he is named on the certificate). In cases where the parents are deceased, a brother or sister can apply if they can provide their parents’ dates of death.

Phone: +44 (0)845 603 7788

Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

Or write to the GRO at:
General Register Office
PO Box 2
Southport
Merseyside

Kath. x

June

June Report 18 Nov 2019 05:18

Thanks very much for the info, I will inform the mother.