Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nancy Joan Marvell 1923

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KeithG

KeithG Report 12 Jan 2020 20:39

I can't find her in the 1939 register and I would have expected to.
She was born 1923 in Thanet, died in 2007 in Kent, and as far as I can tell never married.
I found an ER for her in 2002 in Ramsgate, and a probate record in 2007.
Her parents, Sydney Harry and Emily Agnes (née Weston) were in Ramsgate in 1939 with her sister Rose. There's one redacted entry there which could be her, but I think not as the schedule number looks wrong, anyway as she died in 2007 I would not have thought the record would still be locked.
Can anyone help me find her please?
Keith

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Jan 2020 21:36

1923 falls outside of the included 1915 birth year to be included on the 1939 register,as was the condition laid out when it was released..

Although over time deceased people are having their 1939 details un-checked,in due -process.

You can apply via Findmypast site withfull proof of death they will then take steps to -unblank her name.

KeithG

KeithG Report 12 Jan 2020 21:48

Thank you Kay.
Yes, I was aware of the release date etc. but given she died 12 years or so ago I would have expected (!) due process to have caught up ;-)
I was wondering whether I had missed her because of some alternative spelling, there are some wizards with wild cards around here!
Keith

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Jan 2020 22:11

Supply FMP with a copy of the death cert and they will do the rest

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Jan 2020 00:44

Keith .

the 1939 Register was only regularly until ca 1991, that's when the NHS stopped doing it.

Any deaths after that period will only be opened a) when FMP has managed to confirm it form records, or b) someone has sent in full details of the person's death.

I have an aunt and uncle born ca 1895 who followed 5 of their children out to Australia and died out there. Their records have finally been opened, BUT the son who remained in the UK is still a closed record. That son was born in 1929 and died in 2001.

I know this doesn't apply to your search, but women cause a particular problem for FMP to catch up on as most of them marry, so they have to be able to link up maiden name with married or names and death date.

I don't know how Ancestry is at dealing with this catch-up problem.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jan 2020 08:47

Our elder sister died in 2002 and her record has been opened

Brother died in 2001 but he lived in Spain so his record is still closed

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jan 2020 08:53

That closed record looks like her as it does follow the sequence of numbering and is the same residence as the mum .dad and sister

They have picked up Rose death which was 1998 but not the later one

As stated to get it opened provide FMP with the death record

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jan 2020 12:00

Redactions

Images have been redacted to protect the privacy of those still alive and we will be annually adding records for those with birth dates older than 100 years or if a record of the death has been reported to The National Archives. Images will also be updated to reflect the opening of the record. All indexes have been created from redacted images as provided by The National Archives and as such, some indexes may not include all information as originally recorded, where it is obscured from view.