Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help me re FTM CD (not Ancestry)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 11 Jan 2021 18:12

Hi everyone

My old laptop has got to be taken back to zero :( but I had a program FTM for all my family tree's. The disc has a blue label and the icon is brown with FTM in the middle.

I can not find my disc anywhere.

If anyone has this disc could I please borrow it to reinstall the program, I will pay all costs for sending and returning, and I promise it will be returned.

Please message me if you can help

Thanking in advance

Kim x

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Jan 2021 18:57

Might help others if you can work out about when you bought it so people can try and work out what number it was.

Good luck

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 11 Jan 2021 20:00

Namelessone

I bought it Bracknell Genealogy fair about 10 years ago, does that help?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Jan 2021 20:57

Hi Kim
That means you are looking for 2009 or 2010. I think it has moved on quite a lot since then. Hopefully someone might come up with the disc.

I miss the old Bracknell fair although it did go downhill in its last few years.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 12 Jan 2021 12:25

Has your laptop been taken back to zero yet? If not, can you put your Family Tree on a memory stick? That would also have the advantage of transfering all your information as well. If you reload FTM you then have to put in all your ancestors again!

Also, I may be wrong, but if you are reloading from the original disc, does it matter which year you are loading?

Good luck. :-)

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 12 Jan 2021 12:57

Does this work?

If you export your tree from here as a Gedcom, it sends it to your email address. From there you can pick it up from your inbox from any computer.
You would then need to import it to a site again, whichever you choose.