Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Inglesby House Hampton Court

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Justine

Justine Report 9 Apr 2021 21:19

Been trying desperately to find out more about Inglesby House in Hampton Court, where my mother and grandparents used to live! Does it still exist under a different name or has it been demolished?
Keeping all my fingers crossed that someone can help! Thank you.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2021 21:38

When did they live there?

What documents do you have with the address?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Apr 2021 09:13

Do you know which road it was on? There are still lots of older properties in the area.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2021 11:25

No such address listed on the 1939 register
No result on Postcode Finder

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Apr 2021 11:59

Not in 1901 or 1911 either.

No Google search results.

Surname and date might help.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 10 Apr 2021 16:12

I don't want to disagree with ArgyllGran, but I have just googled "Inglesby House Hampton Court" and it has come up with a whole lot of photos. It appears to be a Georgian House actually in Hampton Court Palace and is now part of The Landmark Trust.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Apr 2021 18:37

Yes, but none of those photos is of an Inglesby House specifically.

They have just popped up because of the search terms "house" and "Hampton Court".

One house is called "The Georgian House".

Originally the kitchens for George, Prince of Wales, The Georgian House was built in 1719 at Hampton Court Palace. Begun by Cardinal Wolsey, the palace was enlarged by Henry VIII and is a labyrinthine of corridors, gardens and courtyards. The Georgian House is sufficiently imposing to be mistaken for a garrison commander’s house, but was in fact built as a kitchen in 1719 for George, Prince of Wales. Its near-twin at St James’s Palace is thought to be by Vanbrugh. Later it became two houses, for the Clerk of Works and the Gardener.
https://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/search-and-book/properties/georgian-house-7805/#Overview

We need Justine to come back with a date and more info.