Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding another Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dellans

Dellans Report 17 Dec 2022 19:22

Is there a way I can add start another tree to research for my friend please? :-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Dec 2022 20:48

You can’t add it to your own tree. As I understand it you would need to start a free account. But I am not sure about it.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Dec 2022 22:01

You can do another tree but it has to be a separate free account and you need to use a different email address.

Kath. x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Dec 2022 22:04

Welcome to the boards, Dellans.

Yes, you can have more than one tree on GR, but as Nameslessone says, you would need to have a second registration.
You don't need another account - just registration, which is free.

To start a new registration, you'll have to sign out of GR, and then register as if you were a different new person.
You can use the same email address, but would need a different password for the second registration.

You can't send messages or search records with a free registration, but you have your paid account for that.

Dellans

Dellans Report 18 Dec 2022 17:39

Thank you all for your messages <3 I will set up a new registration :-)