Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ROUND CLOSE FARM, GUISBOROUGH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Queenie

Queenie Report 16 Nov 2004 18:44

Is there anyway of finding out who is living at a particular address now? The address is Round Close farm, Whitby Road, Guisborough. I have been told that it once belonged to my husbands gt grandad in 1910 onwards and would like to try writing to the the present owners incase they can give me any info.

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2004 18:49

The person living there now is a Jane W Sinclair. Lives alone by the looks of it Postcode is TS14 7DF! Lou

Queenie

Queenie Report 16 Nov 2004 18:52

Thank you very much.

Sheila

Sheila Report 16 Nov 2004 19:10

Hi Amanda There is also a Matthew Carolyn and Michael Barnard living there (well there is on the 2003 elecoctoral roll) have a phone number as well, let me know if you need it. Regards Sheila

Ann

Ann Report 23 Mar 2019 19:27

Hi Queenie, you probably won't be interested on the history before your family took the farm on but I can tell you who farmed there from 1851 census to 1899. James Ackroyd 1794-1865 passed it on to his son William who continued farming there until his death in 1899. The farm must have been sold off as his widow moved into Guisborough for 1901 census.
There was a High Round Close farm on the 1861 census that was farmed by James' son James Ackroyd and his family. James Ackroyd (1794) was my husband's 5th gr uncle.
regards Ann

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Mar 2019 21:39

Ann -

this thread is 15 years old.
Queenie's unlikely to be looking for replies here now.

If you want to try to contact her directly, click on her name at the top of one of her posts, and send a private message.

If GR have her current email address. they'll notify her that there's a message for her in the system.
She may (or may not) be able and willing to read it and reply.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Mar 2019 10:48

Why Queenie needed the name is beyond me. All she had to do was address a letter to the Occupier

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Mar 2019 11:10

Quennie has deleted her account.